Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22.1.2 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was previously on 22.1.1 which was installed on 2/23/22. That update borked my PW2s and I had a ticket in with Tesla ever since. During outages my PW was going on/off every minute for the duration of the outage and even displaying that there was grid power. Not sure what was going on to be honest. Anyone else on this newer version? My ticket with Tesla is still unresolved and have not heard back from them so I'm not sure if they pushed this solely out to me for my issues.

I'm at 22.9, and that FW caused a constant small pull from the grid totaling about 1.1kWH/day! Rebooting/resetting the system did not resolve and was dismissed as "no big deal" by Tesla Support Chat. I have now resorted to use an automation in Hubitat to go off grid when I am not exporting excess PV after PWs are fully charged. Everything was working fine prior to this "upgrade" and I had 0kWH daily consumption from the grid.

See link below for more detail .....

I'm at 22.9, and that FW caused a constant small pull from the grid totaling about 1.1kWH/day! Rebooting/resetting the system did not resolve and was dismissed as "no big deal" by Tesla Support Chat. I have now resorted to use an automation in Hubitat to go off grid when I am not exporting excess PV after PWs are fully charged. Everything was working fine prior to this "upgrade" and I had 0kWH daily consumption from the grid.

See link below for more detail .....

My system is on 22.9.1 and in pre-PTO self-consumption mode. Since three days ago I'm seeing about 1.1kWh/day additional grid usage (whereas before it would vary from 0.0 to 0.3kWh/day).

My system is on 22.9.1 and in pre-PTO self-consumption mode. Since three days ago I'm seeing about 1.1kWh/day additional grid usage (whereas before it would vary from 0.0 to 0.3kWh/day).
Yep ... exactly my scenario. I have resorted to going off grid when I'm not exporting power after my batteries are full. A complete PITA! But Tesla support thinks its no-big-whoop! I guess will have to see what the next FW holds. Prior to 22.9, I never saw ANY daily consumption unless I specifically needed to pull from the grid. App now shows approx 4% daily grid useage, when there used to be none. SCE hourly use data also shows hourly grid consumption when there used to be zero or practically nill.

Interesting. I am also on 22.1.1 with no issues. But in the process of looking for firmware number I see they redesigned the whole "Settings"
page. Everything seems to be there now, even car charging, etc.
Now, I have to get a Tesla. :D
My estimated self consumption loss based on 90% efficiency went from 250Wh per Powerwall to 500Wh per Powerwall with the 22.1 update in December. Crossing my fingers that it goes back down with the 22.9 release.

I submitted a service request in the app, but never heard anything after the initial acknowledgement that I submitted it.

Which new settings?
YQqqFOj.png

Reactions: jgleigh