Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22.1.2 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 22.9.1, seeing random periods where solar produces .4kW max. Connected with chat, they first wanted to tell me its all good since I produced "enough" for my system. This while I am looking at full sun on the panels generating .4kW and PW not charging or discharging to cover the shortfall. They "pushed an update just released this morning" (probably the same 22.9.1 as before) - no change. I just did the 10 second reset dance and after the PW came back up, it's working correctly. We'll see how long it keeps working.

Updated to 22.9.1, seeing random periods where solar produces .4kW max. Connected with chat, they first wanted to tell me its all good since I produced "enough" for my system. This while I am looking at full sun on the panels generating .4kW and PW not charging or discharging to cover the shortfall. They "pushed an update just released this morning" (probably the same 22.9.1 as before) - no change. I just did the 10 second reset dance and after the PW came back up, it's working correctly. We'll see how long it keeps working.
Wow - not very long. As I typed this solar production dropped to 0 again.

Wow - not very long. As I typed this solar production dropped to 0 again.
Is your inverter outdoors in direct sunlight? I had a problem right after install where the coolant level in the inverter was low (as shipped) and caused my system to have dips in the heat of the day. The dips were for around 10 min or so at a time until the system cooled down and recovered. When producing, the fan was at max and I could hear a gurgling sound from the inverter as well. Worth a check!

Is your inverter outdoors in direct sunlight? I had a problem right after install where the coolant level in the inverter was low (as shipped) and caused my system to have dips in the heat of the day. The dips were for around 10 min or so at a time until the system cooled down and recovered. When producing, the fan was at max and I could hear a gurgling sound from the inverter as well. Worth a check!
possible but it's usually under 70 degrees here. Is there any log or alert for this? I am having a hell of a time getting Tesla to admit this is a problem.

They pushed 22.9.1 to my system during peak production time (so much for all the warnings inside the installer mode about shutting down a system running at full load). I'll report back if there's any issues with the new FW.
That has happened to me multiple times. My system takes updates essentially mid day! I don't know why they don't update at night. So far, so good with 22.9.1 for me. Previous problem has gone away!

Reactions: jgleigh
They pushed 22.9.1 to my system during peak production time (so much for all the warnings inside the installer mode about shutting down a system running at full load). I'll report back if there's any issues with the new FW.
Guess when I got the update?

Attachments

• 5472B881-202E-4B67-A098-DDFA4D5FC8CE.png
    5472B881-202E-4B67-A098-DDFA4D5FC8CE.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 69
  • CF3E2726-B2C2-43BC-98EC-C3BB2612DEC3.png
    CF3E2726-B2C2-43BC-98EC-C3BB2612DEC3.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 48
I think it was just a monitoring issue during the update because the enphase APP doesn’t show any loss of production. My panels were probably still producing but the gateway didn’t record it during the update process.
That must be what happened because it also shows home usage and grid import/export as 0 during the same time as well

Attachments

• 327804A8-58B3-4D0A-BA04-8CB343204196.png
    327804A8-58B3-4D0A-BA04-8CB343204196.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 450BB964-2E97-48D7-A620-86B3033EECBF.png
    450BB964-2E97-48D7-A620-86B3033EECBF.png
    177 KB · Views: 47
Mine definitely shutdown, but I'm also using Powerwall+ inverters so they were also getting updated. I logged into the installer section just to see what was taking so long and it was still updating things and then slowly coming back online.

My estimated self consumption loss based on 90% efficiency went from 250Wh per Powerwall to 500Wh per Powerwall with the 22.1 update in December. Crossing my fingers that it goes back down with the 22.9 release.

I submitted a service request in the app, but never heard anything after the initial acknowledgement that I submitted it.
I received the 22.9.1 firmware update on 4/13 and my self consumption has gone back to where is was pre-22.1.1. For the last two days I calculated self consumption of an average of 237 Wh/Powerwall versus an average of 452 Wh/Powerwall for the preceding 12 days.

I want, but will never get, the extra 51.2 kWh back for the 119 days that 22.1.1 was installed on my Powerwalls.