Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22% depreciation in 8 months [Update: sold it for 5.4% less than new price]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I've been saying, but there are a lot of posts in this ridiculous thread where people say everyone are having these problems, and I should never get a Tesla if I can't live with it.
I'm not sure if you mistook something, that post wasn't a response to you :)

The list was all things both working and not working, that's why some of the items seemed confusing. Also, even though it's in the manual "this isn't working right now", waiting 8 months without improvement is reason to get annoyed. Btw, the lumbar support wasn't listed when I got my car. On my first service appointment they spent an hour debugging it with me, it was first when I got the car back a few days later that they told me it couldn't be saved to the profile. So not only did I not know, at least two technicians didn't know either. Probably because they also expected that feature to be there, seeing how its present in the S and X.

If you never had ghost breaking then that means you have a much better TM3 than at least 66% of the people in that 2000+ owners study, who all cited ghost/phantom breaking as the most annoying part of AP. Try searching on YouTube, you'll find more than enough examples.

The "ghost person" I was talking about was the car picking up a person on the road who wasn't there. I got some warning chimes and the illustration showing me running through someone. There wasn't anyone there in real life (luckily), but the car thought it was someone and it didn't touch the brakes.

Sorry, but my takeaway from this entire thread is your buddy had white seats, you saw them and regretted buying black seats. Then you decided to upgrade to a Performance while you were at it and wanted Tesla to foot the bill in some way shape or form because you had minor issues that some people are experiencing. No shame, just be honest and stop trying to sell your choice to people on a forum.

As far as other issues go, I have a March 2018 LR RWD 11XXX VIN and 26,900 miles that has some minor cosmetic defects that were eventually fixed. I had the phone problem, so I bought a new phone. Fixed. I had phantom braking, got the latest update. Fixed. I had swerving lane changes got the latest update. Fixed. I had issues waking the car from my house, bought a new router with better range. Fixed.

About 18,000 of my miles are on autopilot I can count on one hand how many times it has phantom braked on me. Two of those was in the exact same spot, exact same time of day. I was super pissed about its performance after some issues changing lanes that could have wrecked my car/got me pulled under suspicion of DUI, but after the past few updates it has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better than it was in March last year. It will only get better.

The only point I can agree with you on (sort of) is summon. I have had connection issues with smart summon, but they are in areas where I get like 2 bars and dropped calls near my office, but checking the car it has full bars. Lots of it has to do with your phones connection, not the other way around.

Enjoy your car. If you don't, get rid of it and get something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.