Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22" forged wheels + unplugged lowering kit = ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of 22" forged wheels coming in about a month 9" in front 10.5" in the rear, for those that are running unplugged brackets or even just lowering links what size tires are you running with your 22's?

Pics coming soon!

Hopefully we will get that info from some people who have! I have run 21" with 275 40 and 245 40 with no issue, guessing if the 22" stays same overall diameter it will be "ok"....I just know there is not much room in there and I couldn't get a 285 Michelin to work so the 22 worry me. Would much rather have more side wall from the 30 if possible instead of a 25....Hoping I don't run into load rating issues at that size either.

I would say a majority of people will say
255/30/22
285/25/22

What I would like to know is if it's possible to run a 30 series tire in the rear while lowered!

I had additional conversations yesterday and I've heard a consistent message that the Michelins are much "fatter" than other tires, looking back at it now it may have also been the 295 instead of the 285, I think I had to skip the 285 and go to the 295 size because that was the only other tire other than the 275 that carried the higher load rating required for the staggered setup. I'm guessing the lower stance with the unplugged brackets caused the problem, stock may not have had that issue.

The recommendation I'm getting is the Pirelli P Zero 295/25/22 for the rear and 255/30/22 for the fronts. Going to reach out to unplugged see if they have seen anything to offer an opinion on 22's I know they only offer the 21s so they may not have much feedback.