TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

22 Inch Tire Brands/Sizes

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Aggmeister2010, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Aggmeister2010

Hello Folks,

I recently purchased a set of Vossen 22" wheels for my Model S, and the vendor also sold me Pirelli Pzero Nero GT tires with them as a package.

The tires are 245/30/22 (F) and 295/25/22 (R).

Over the last couple days, I have tried to take the car to get the wheels/tires re-balanced, and all of the shops I take it to tell me that they won't touch the car because the tires aren't load-rated for the heavy Tesla.

Is this true, or am I being played? What Tires and Sizes are my fellow 22" wheel folks using?

2. JamstationP85D

The Model S is an exceptionally HEAVY car and required load rating XL / 1565 lbs per tire.

3. Aggmeister2010

It looks like the Pzero Nero GT in 245/30/22 is XL, but I can't find the actual load rating. The regular Pzero is 1,300, but I undertand the Nero GT is a heavier duty tire.

4. Ande

Ande Member

Front: 255/30R22 Lexani "LX-Twenty"
    Rear: 295/25R22 Haida "Racing HD921"

5. Aggmeister2010

Looks like the minimum front tire size for a 22" wheel should be 255/30 - that has a load rating of 1520-ish.

Then, the matching rear would be 305/25