Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22 Model S, large scratch upon delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
while i do agree the cars aren't always perfect, you can't single out Tesla. Look at McLaren build quality and you can make the same argument (it's pretty bad).

i'm here to support Tesla. i've been a long term shareholder and i want the company to succeed. yes, it's really frustrating to see these defects, but TSLA made me a fortune so I can't complain too much.

As for Tesla low-balling your trade-in... simply don't accept it and sell it privately. That is what i did with my 21' Model S refresh.
I can attest to low ball trade offers lmfao it was so bad. They offered me 45k for a 2016 p90d w 5k miles. Lolololololololol

yes, they're notorious for lowballing their own brand. i didn't even bother getting my car appraised through them knowing this. listed my car online and sold it within two weeks at a really fair price.
They actually text me and said I see you are interested in a trade in. I said I saw your offer and never in a million years 😂😂😂

because i already rejected delivery once and if you reject again they completely cancel your order.
do i want to wait another 8 months for a car + a 10k more expensive order all over a scratch? i dont think so.
If a company is willing to do this to you and then bend you over a 2-rejection cancellation threat, why would you even wait for another round?

I would straight up tell them to beat it

If a company is willing to do this to you and then bend you over a 2-rejection cancellation threat, why would you even wait for another round?

I would straight up tell them to beat it
Hi Andrew, I love the Tesla brand. Besides the large scratch, the car is perfect. I hope you understand this company made me a fortune and changed my life for the better. Yes, I am willing to be lenient on such a defect.

Hi Andrew, I love the Tesla brand. Besides the large scratch, the car is perfect. I hope you understand this company made me a fortune and changed my life for the better. Yes, I am willing to be lenient on such a defect.
Wicked that’s good to hear

At the same time I would wonder whether your current experience is representative of tactics that have helped drive Tesla to their current levels of profitability and thus your stock gains. In that case, I would consider any time or costs eaten as part of the P&L on your gains — cheers!

Wicked that’s good to hear

At the same time I would wonder whether your current experience is representative of tactics that have helped drive Tesla to their current levels of profitability and thus your stock gains. In that case, I would consider any time or costs eaten as part of the P&L on your gains — cheers!
thanks for your insight. never really lost sleep on that. cheers!