Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 MS features still missing in '23

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aerodyne

2 of 3 EV's - Defect Free!
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
Thought I'd start a new thread, different from defects or stuff missing on delivery, or prior refresh 1.0 cars that have no steam, etc

Looking for input on advertised features from Spring '22 (Refresh 2.0) that are still missing this year.

My short list:

1) Ambient Lighting.

2) ARNR.

3) Gaming from rear screen.

Going to ping the SvC on these, and escalate if needed, but NOT interested in supporting any other action, such as those involving legal action.

Reactions: calm-one
Ambient lighting is working on my car (built Nov-2021), but it's not as bright as the prior generation. Check above the map pocket and I suspect you'll find it is installed and working.
Now there was another feature that never made it into production, with the sliver 1/4" wide bar on each door, just below the wood trim that would light up. Some very early cars got the hardware, and at some point (before Nov-2021) they dropped the LED hardware, but there is a connector left in the door panels. It may be they didn't work well, or there was a supplier issue early on. As far as I know, no cars had this feature enabled, even if you had the hardware. I've never seen an image of these lit up as well, so it was likely dropped well before the first shipments.

I also have noise reduction, but never use it - so as far as I can tell, all cars have it now. It was added in December 2021.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
So here is the answer from Tesla on my question #3 rear screen, and my reply:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118-142109.png
    Screenshot_20230118-142109.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: DWtsn
Ambient lighting is working on my car (built Nov-2021), but it's not as bright as the prior generation. Check above the map pocket and I suspect you'll find it is installed and working.
Now there was another feature that never made it into production, with the sliver 1/4" wide bar on each door, just below the wood trim that would light up. Some very early cars got the hardware, and at some point (before Nov-2021) they dropped the LED hardware, but there is a connector left in the door panels. It may be they didn't work well, or there was a supplier issue early on. As far as I know, no cars had this feature enabled, even if you had the hardware. I've never seen an image of these lit up as well, so it was likely dropped well before the first shipments.

I also have noise reduction, but never use it - so as far as I can tell, all cars have it now. It was added in December 2021.

Thanks for the info. I'll be checking, but as I recall, the map light is not really ambient lighting, in that it does not turn off or on with the button on the center screen. Our cars may be different.

Well, some say it works, some say it does not. I've not been able to hear the difference myself.

Could be car dependant.

I'll be trying to run this to ground with testing and with the SvC.
You don't have the half shaft vibration between 40-50 mph yet? Or the squeaking front suspension over bumps? Those are much more annoying to me. My car squeaks like a rusty old pickup truck and they claim they can't hear it or fix it. I've sent videos of the squeaking and they won't do anything about it.

You don't have the half shaft vibration between 40-50 mph yet? Or the squeaking front suspension over bumps? Those are much more annoying to me. My car squeaks like a rusty old pickup truck and they claim they can't hear it or fix it. I've sent videos of the squeaking and they won't do anything about it.

Shhh...car is within range...and sleeping.

No, I don't have anything like that.
Mainly paint and minor damage from delivery and service.

Do have the occasional rattle from the covers behind the tilting screen that @WilliamG noted.

Occasionally, hear a scraping noise, but that's from the factory mud guards hitting the ground.

That said, this car has very few miles, very gently driven, only 15 seconds out of chill mode.

Reactions: WilliamG
Thought I'd start a new thread, different from defects or stuff missing on delivery, or prior refresh 1.0 cars that have no steam, etc

Looking for input on advertised features from Spring '22 (Refresh 2.0) that are still missing this year.

My short list:

1) Ambient Lighting.

2) ARNR.

3) Gaming from rear screen.

Going to ping the SvC on these, and escalate if needed, but NOT interested in supporting any other action, such as those involving legal action.
What is ARNR?

So it appears I do have some semblance of ambient lighting (Map pockets) and ARNR (Slight reduction in specific conditions)

I'll still ping SvC on these issues, but right now my only beef is the lack of rear screen gaming.

May we please add Elon's promise regarding a functional horn? It's quite a safety defect that they needed to fix ages ago.

Almost had another accident yesterday on a two-lane/double right turn as someone swung wide, out of their lane and into ours. Would LOVE to have a horn button that's actually USABLE when faced with such a situation, AS PROMISED:

Reactions: mscott
We already have Bluetooth controller support. I think @epicshooter was referring to Bluetooth audio support so that headphones could be used to provide rear seat occupants with different audio.

As much as I agree with holding them to deliver what they promised, I tend to focus on fixing the obvious flaws in the car first, like the vibrating half shafts, squeaky suspension, and squeaking driver seats.

Devils advocate here, why not just give kids in the rear seat an iPad? The screen will be bigger. Games will probably actually work, rather than the broken steam integration we have now... bluetooth controllers and headphones actually work... You'll be able to continue to use music and the radio in front.... etc.

Reactions: aerodyne