Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22 MYLR - Still Missing Games & Controller Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 2022 MYLR in January and it never came with controller support or games like cuphead or sonic. I’m curious if any more recent MYLR that have been delivered this year have these games?

Has anyone been able to get Tesla to push the games to their cars MCU either?

That isnt going to happen unless or until tesla enables bluetooth controller support for those cars that only have USB power (and no data) in the center console.

Until you see "added blueooth controller support" in an update, you probably wont see those games be available for you. I personally wouldnt hold my breath, either, although they did say they were "working on it" at one point.

• Informative
Reactions: 101dals and J4RBOT
It looks like you are already aware of the data only USB issue :

Has anyone heard from Tesla service if there’s going to be an over the air update for Bluetooth data connection? Like controller support via Bluetooth etc

Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

• Informative
Reactions: 101dals and J4RBOT
That isnt going to happen unless or until tesla enables bluetooth controller support for those cars that only have USB power (and no data) in the center console.

Until you see "added blueooth controller support" in an update, you probably wont see those games be available for you. I personally wouldnt hold my breath, either, although they did say they were "working on it" at one point.
Yeah just a bummer as no Bluetooth support still and no new games yet. I saw the update that “steam” might be coming to cars but it’s been 7 months without usb support and not that I bought the car for gaming but was a fun thing to note it could be possible while supercharging / etc.

I used TParts’s replacement usb module to add data/power capable usb-c ports in my 2022 Model Y. Works great with the powerA controller ( I use an adapter to connect usb-a controller to usb-c port). Love playing dual player skyforce and racing game. No you don’t get cuphead, tesla has marked the game as not compatible with our car. Also it is not the whole cuphead game. Just first level. I besides game controllers, I use usb based music often.

Picking up Friday and I have two wired USB controllers in my Amazon shopping cart. So what’s the issue? There isn’t any more usb controller support?
Issue is model y only has one USB port which supports data transfer. This is the port in the glovebox which typically occupied by the usb stick used by the car’s dashcam / sentry security system. Sme ppl say a usb bridge in glovebox works ok but manual advises against it. Well it did in 1/1/2022. I prefer not having my glovebox open and using bridges.
The center usb-c ports are power only unless you install tparts’s replacement module.

Issue is model y only has one USB port which supports data transfer. This is the port in the glovebox which typically occupied by the usb stick used by the car’s dashcam / sentry security system. Sme ppl say a usb bridge in glovebox works ok but manual advises against it. Well it did in 1/1/2022. I prefer not having my glovebox open and using bridges.
The center usb-c ports are power only unless you install tparts’s replacement module.
Thank you for the clarity.

So one could use a single wired controller through the glove, yes?

But if so, has Tesla removed games for cars without data in the center console? I was looking forward to Sonic.

Thank you for the clarity.

So one could use a single wired controller through the glove, yes?

But if so, has Tesla removed games for cars without data in the center console? I was looking forward to Sonic.
You can use glovebox’s single USB port for a controller. Maybe a bridge would allow two , I am not sure. The only games missing seem to be cuphead and sonic.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
I have a 2022 MYLR built and purchased Jan 2022, and a wireless Logitech F710. Plugging the transceiver into the USB port in the glovebox does not work. I believe they have disabled controller support on the whole for those with power only USB C ports in the console.

Reactions: J4RBOT
Update: My 10 day old MY doesn’t have the most current software. I was told that I should get the missing games when I get an update.
I’m not sure what the current lead time is, but a year or two ago it wouldn’t be uncommon to sit on that old firmware for a few weeks. Once you make it into the rotation it will be normal. It’s like they only once a month add new cars or something.

Reactions: OmegaMan