Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22 MYP Drivers front suspension clunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I go even moderate bumps it sounds like I have a bad strut.

Took it in for service and they replaced the strut(supposedly) and it is still happening.

They then inform that is just how it is.

It's only the drivers side not the passenger side.

Lost what to do at this point.

I had this issue when I first got the car almost a year ago. Service center told me it apparently is the metal flexing when going over bumps. They had to drop the battery and add some kind of foam. It went away for a few months but came back. Doesn't seem to cause any damage but who knows long term

Reactions: tm3dlr
I had this issue when I first got the car almost a year ago. Service center told me it apparently is the metal flexing when going over bumps. They had to drop the battery and add some kind of foam. It went away for a few months but came back. Doesn't seem to cause any damage but who knows long term

Dang. So frustrating

It's annoying if anything and my $70k vehicle shouldn't be making these noises

Had this issue as well. Seemed to come up in colder weather for me. It would randomly happen when I hit a bump at an angle.

After 6 months or so it has disappeared. I guess I'll wait and see if it comes up again during this winter.

Had the same issue with our Y when we first got it. Any time I pulled into our driveway it would make the sound twice, like something was moving then resetting. We would also hear the sound when driving slowly over an undulating surface ( grass field we were parking in). Never bothered to have Tesla look at it and after a few thousand miles the noise went away! No idea what it was, I had the car on my lift and checked everything I could and nothing stood out to me. If the noise persisted I would have sold the car as it was quite annoying and it gets old telling passengers it's nothing.

Reactions: bobbyjae
BRING IT IN, learn from me, mine was very infrequent and random at times, turns out when i picked up in June both my front end links were loose and ended up bending within the first 300 miles since the tech said they barely where screwed in and couldn't believe they hadn't just snapped yet, they replaced both and tightened everything, watch the video and see if you can reproduce this noise.

BRING IT IN, learn from me, mine was very infrequent and random at times, turns out when i picked up in June both my front end links were loose and ended up bending within the first 300 miles since the tech said they barely where screwed in and couldn't believe they hadn't just snapped yet, they replaced both and tightened everything, watch the video and see if you can reproduce this noise.

Thank you. I'm going to check this out.

This is going to really piss me off. The mobile tech indicated it could be the front end links and even wrote in the service request.

But there's no note that the service center actually looked at it.

Thank you. I'm going to check this out.

This is going to really piss me off. The mobile tech indicated it could be the front end links and even wrote in the service request.

But there's no note that the service center actually looked at it.
Sorry to hear that! My tech was super helpful showed him the video and told him I’ve worked on car suspensions for 10 years. When you hit them it shouldn’t make a noise and he was like yeah something’s wrong let’s get it on the lift. I was in an out in an hour and a half