Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22 MYP Tires/wheels options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also live in Colorado and sold the Uberturbines that came on my '22 MYP. I put TSportline 19" x 8.5" TSVs on it, wrapped in 255/45 R19 Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. I absolutely LOVE them and would never go back to the Uberturbines! The comfort and noise improvements were worth the hassle and expense.

I know some folks will say "those tires are not rated for a MYP!" and I would agree that technically, yes, the CC2s do not have a top speed rating sufficient for a MYP: the CC2s are rated for 149MPH and the car is capable of 155MPH. There is exactly zero chance I will ever go that fast! And besides, just in case hell freezes over I set the car speed limit to 130MPH so I can't even get close without a manual override. Which I won't use.

I love the tread pattern on the CC2s, it looks badass, and additionally I get sidewall protection with the 8.5" wheel and 255/45 profile:

bvCuhEw.jpeg

img_0216-jpg.851869

They look pretty great on the car, too!

CCI5LQV.jpg
Nice! This looks great.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Here's my setup. Winter is coming... wanted someting instead of the AS that came with it. My wife's car and she has to make it to work.

Aodhan AFF7 Michelin CC2's 255/45/20. Rides much smoother. I kept the Uberturbines with AS and will use those for the summer and these for the winter.

View attachment 860129
Here's my setup. Winter is coming... wanted someting instead of the AS that came with it. My wife's car and she has to make it to work.

Aodhan AFF7 Michelin CC2's 255/45/20. Rides much smoother. I kept the Uberturbines with AS and will use those for the summer and these for the winter.

View attachment 860129
Looks great. Yeah I need to replace my summer performance tires soon...I had the fact that got a flat tire within 3 months and had to spend $600 for one tire as they could not fix it.

Looks great! Where did you get the plain black center caps? I would like some to replace the caps with the logo that come with the TSportline wheels.
The black OEM Tesla center caps can be bought here on TSportline, but they're $160 per set of 4. You can get black blanks on Amazon and eBay, but I can't vouch that they'd be a good match for the TSportline black color/finish.

My TSV wheels/caps aren't black, they're TSportline's "satin gray", which is apparently a match for 21" Uberturbines. I like the gray better on blue Teslas.

The TSV wheels come with TSportline center caps, but they have a silver logo that I really don't like. Sadly, there are no satin gray blank center caps (or Tesla logo ones) available anywhere, so I put in some work to make my own satin gray color-matched blank center caps. I made a set of color-matched OEM Tesla ones as well, but ended up going with the blanks because my MYP is de-badged and I think it works better.

Here's a post I made about the whole process.

Reactions: Q-ship
The black OEM Tesla center caps can be bought here on TSportline, but they're $160 per set of 4. You can get black blanks on Amazon and eBay, but I can't vouch that they'd be a good match for the TSportline black color/finish.

My TSV wheels/caps aren't black, they're TSportline's "satin gray", which is apparently a match for 21" Uberturbines. I like the gray better on blue Teslas.

The TSV wheels come with TSportline center caps, but they have a silver logo that I really don't like. Sadly, there are no satin gray blank center caps (or Tesla logo ones) available anywhere, so I put in some work to make my own satin gray color-matched blank center caps. I made a set of color-matched OEM Tesla ones as well, but ended up going with the blanks because my MYP is de-badged and I think it works better.

Here's a post I made about the whole process.
Thank you! Very helpful information.

Reactions: __xyzzy__
Hi,
I have 22 MYP which was delivered in June. I was hoping that it would have all season Michelin tires when I went to take my delivery , however it came with summer/performance tires. I just had to replace one of these tires due to flat tire (within 3months) and it cost $600.00, which to me is expensive. Now are approaching winter time (in Colorado) and I am worried about driving in snow with these tires. I wanted to check which options would be better for a long term for winter driving. Is it better to get 4 all season Michelin tires from Tesla service center? which costs less as compared to getting wheels+winter tires. Or is it better to spend more and go with smaller wheels (19inch ?) from Tsportsline + winter tires? this option would obvious cost more. I asked Tesla service guy if I can go with 19inchese wheel for my MYP, and he said it might not fit as the breaks are larger in performance models. But I saw some videos and people talking about 19inch wheels from tsportsline fit just fine without any problem.
Does anyone have any experience with going with 19nch wheels and tires package? what would be the best option for MYP for winter? Please suggest.

Thanks

View attachment 860129

I have narrowed down my option for MYP22 . I might go with 19inch wheels from tsportsline but need to decide on the tires options. I am still not decided if I should get Micheline Pilot sports 4 seasons tires or Michelin CC2. I see you have CC2 which looks awesome BTW, what is your experience so far? which will impact the range more CC2 or Pilot 4s? If I go with Piilot 4seasons , is that good enough for snow though? I read somewhere CC2 makes little more road noise as compared to Pilot 4s, but has better handling on snow.

Not if you go with the OE size 19" tires, 255/45-19. The outer diameter of the tire (28") remains the same to within a fraction of an inch.
Thank you . Yeah looks like that is the size of the tires listed on tsportsline site when I select 19inches wheels. which tires options are better ? Michelin pilot all seasons or CC2 ? for a winter with normal snow conditions.

Thank you . Yeah looks like that is the size of the tires listed on tsportsline site when I select 19inches wheels. which tires options are better ? Michelin pilot all seasons or CC2 ? for a winter with normal snow conditions.
The CC2 in an OE 19" tire size for the Tesla Model Y is new for 2022. Many Tesla Model Y owners have experience with the CC2 on other vehicles. The CC2 may be noisier than the PS All Season 4 tire, especially after some use. Other winter tires to consider include the Bridgestone Blizzak and Nokian Hakkapeliita (extra points given for using one additional vowel).

The CC2 in an OE 19" tire size for the Tesla Model Y is new for 2022. Many Tesla Model Y owners have experience with the CC2 on other vehicles. The CC2 may be noisier than the PS All Season 4 tire, especially after some use. Other winter tires to consider include the Bridgestone Blizzak and Nokian Hakkapeliita (extra points given for using one additional vowel).
Thanks again. I need to decide between PS all season 4 vs cc2 asap lol.. it sounds like AS4 is great in dry/wet and just okay in the snow/ice? where as CC2 is great in snow/ice condition.

Thanks again. I need to decide between PS all season 4 vs cc2 asap lol.. it sounds like AS4 is great in dry/wet and just okay in the snow/ice? where as CC2 is great in snow/ice condition.
Until recently, i.e. 2021 there were few 21" tire options available for the Performance Model Y. The Michelin PS AS4 fills the gap for an AS tire for the PMY, the only 21" AS tire option for the PMY unless you go with a non-OE tire size or switch to a different size wheel. Since you have the Long Range Model Y and the 19" wheels there have always been multiple choices available in all-season and also dedicated winter tires. The CC2 has an aggressive tread. I believe both the PS4 and the CC2 sport the three snow capped mountain peaks, the three peaks, indicating that the tire has some serious snow and ice traction and handling capabilities. You can read reviews on Tirerack for any of the tires they offer, also filter the reviews by vehicle.

Here in Maryland, near DC, we get an average of 14" of snow over a typical winter but not all at one time. I plan to replace the factory tires with Vredestein Quatrac Pro AS tires when I need tires. The Quatrac Pro will be all that I need. I don't drive my Model Y in the snow as the OE tires perform poorly for winter driving and the number of unsafe drivers on the road just adds to the risk.

I also live in Colorado and sold the Uberturbines that came on my '22 MYP. I put TSportline 19" x 8.5" TSVs on it, wrapped in 255/45 R19 Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. I absolutely LOVE them and would never go back to the Uberturbines! The comfort and noise improvements were worth the hassle and expense.

I know some folks will say "those tires are not rated for a MYP!" and I would agree that technically, yes, the CC2s do not have a top speed rating sufficient for a MYP: the CC2s are rated for 149MPH and the car is capable of 155MPH. There is exactly zero chance I will ever go that fast! And besides, just in case hell freezes over I set the car speed limit to 130MPH so I can't even get close without a manual override. Which I won't use.

I love the tread pattern on the CC2s, it looks badass, and additionally I get sidewall protection with the 8.5" wheel and 255/45 profile:

bvCuhEw.jpeg

img_0216-jpg.851869

They look pretty great on the car, too!

CCI5LQV.jpg

Hi ,
Just wanted to check with you how you are liking this setup so far. I am planning to order same setup from tsportsline wiht CC2 and 19nch tires for MYP in addition to getting a Michillin Pilot all seasons tires for 21 inch wheel. Do you see a significant drop in the range ? what about the noise ? is that better or worse? thanks.

Reactions: BearlyAdulting
I recently got a 2022 MYP, and also wanted to find an alternative to the 21 inch Uberturbines. I’m awaiting delivery of the 18 inch TS5’s from TSportline, and will be pairing them with Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActives, 255/55 18s. It’s a new tire, and is Three Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol marked (3PMS)-certified. FIngers crossed! Discount TIre will be doing the installation.

Just pass 3K miles on my TSportLine 18s with 245/50 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires and now that they are broken I can say they make the PMY a better DD. Increased efficiency, better performance (0-60 and 1/4 mile) better ride etc. The car just feels so better and I no longer fear potholes or curbs.
howQI9U.jpg

Not sure why Tesla chose to go with the 21s and big tires aside from the looks on a family CUV.

Just pass 3K miles on my TSportLine 18s with 245/50 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires and now that they are broken I can say they make the PMY a better DD. Increased efficiency, better performance (0-60 and 1/4 mile) better ride etc. The car just feels so better and I no longer fear potholes or curbs.
howQI9U.jpg

Not sure why Tesla chose to go with the 21s and big tires aside from the looks on a family CUV.
Nice! I’m sure the ride is softer.
Yep you nailed it…looks and some handling.
Some of us do love the look…fashion over function lol

I changed my rears to 295 35 and moved 275 to front. Net effect was a .5” extra tire diameter on all 4 plus I keep psi at 38/39. Helps quite a bit but prob not as effective as your set up.
Happy balance for me :)
36D6BA52-D48A-4BDC-BB59-44FA61B486E0.jpeg

Reactions: Noflash
Nice! I’m sure the ride is softer.
Yep you nailed it…looks and some handling.
Some of us do love the look…fashion over function lol

I changed my rears to 295 35 and moved 275 to front. Net effect was a .5” extra tire diameter on all 4 plus I keep psi at 38/39. Helps quite a bit but prob not as effective as your set up.
Happy balance for me :)
View attachment 889994
I did the same on MYP. It looks awesome and think this the way it should have been done from factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Destiny1701
Hi ,
Just wanted to check with you how you are liking this setup so far. I am planning to order same setup from tsportsline wiht CC2 and 19nch tires for MYP in addition to getting a Michillin Pilot all seasons tires for 21 inch wheel. Do you see a significant drop in the range ? what about the noise ? is that better or worse? thanks.
since this is the most aerodynamic wheels on t sportsline , do you see improved efficiency?