Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 Plaid Liftgate Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

push

Apr 7, 2022
Ohio
I purchased my plaid a few months ago and long story short, there was some work Tesla needed to do post-sale at a body shop. Before it went in the gap on this side was a bit tight and that side was a bit lower and I noted it. It came back from the body shop and it seems like this gap is even tighter now. Has anyone had to deal with this issue? I've googled and seen alignment at the bottom end of the trunk adjustable with the stoppers, but haven't seen anything with the vertical alignment up at this point. I'm definitely going to bring it up again, but wanted to see if anyone has successfully dealt with this issue before? Thanks!

IMG_2310.jpeg

I purchased my plaid a few months ago and long story short, there was some work Tesla needed to do post-sale at a body shop. Before it went in the gap on this side was a bit tight and that side was a bit lower and I noted it. It came back from the body shop and it seems like this gap is even tighter now. Has anyone had to deal with this issue? I've googled and seen alignment at the bottom end of the trunk adjustable with the stoppers, but haven't seen anything with the vertical alignment up at this point. I'm definitely going to bring it up again, but wanted to see if anyone has successfully dealt with this issue before? Thanks!

View attachment 823132
It’s hard to see the gap from this distance (touching or not?). My right side is actually closer than left and doesn’t look very different. However, the lower right corner alignment with rear panel should be flush. It’s looks like your rear hatch needs adjustment overall.

00C47956-F5A9-4A8D-AD61-8E5F1F7BCB10.jpeg

It’s hard to see the gap from this distance (touching or not?). My right side is actually closer than left and doesn’t look very different. However, the lower right corner alignment with rear panel should be flush. It’s looks like your rear hatch needs adjustment overall.

View attachment 823642
The body shop did actually just it and this was the "best" they could do. The gap there is probably less than the width of a credit card. Where I circled you can see why that is, because the hatch sits lower, and that body line doesn't match up at the roof line.

As for the yellow circled part, I don't know how that'd be aligned. The top of the liftgate where the top of the tail lights line up is in alignment front and back, so if the bottom pushed out a little more, the part at the top of the lights would stick out, if that makes sense.