Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22% Rate Increase from Geico 🤬

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
had switched to Geico a couple years ago in Washington State from All State and saved some money. Then Washington State passed a law where insurance companies could no longer use good (or bad) credit ratings to calculate rates and everyone’s rates went up a lot to the default “bad credit score” premiums.

Well the law was reversed but do you think everyone’s rates went down? Yeah no. I dumped Geico like a bad habit and switched to Progressive for a big savings.

4 cars, including my 22 M3P and my wife’s 21 RDX, is an even $1000 for six months, and that is with good coverage, not minimums. That is $166/mo. Plus I paid with a reward card that does not carry a balance so I got a point or so back on top of that.

Was paying $175 on my 2015 WRX with Geico. Their quote on a 2023 MY was in the $300s. StateFarm was nearly the same. Finally got down to $255 with AllState and working on completing defensive driving for another $25 off.

Been using Progressive for years and get good rates with tiny increases, but had to get Tesla insurance due to big difference in price. I guess Tesla is just more expensive to insure.

Looking at those Wham Bam Tesla Cam videos the repair prices look high for something very minor.

Well I just received my renewal bill for December for my Geico policy. It equals a 22% rate increase and Geico says "it's a standard state rate increase". No claims no credit score changes.

We have been with them for a year after State Farm increased our rates by 30% after being with them for 10 years.

It's not just the Tesla although that one saw the largest increase.
My USAA policy had a significant statewide CA increase this month. I switched to GEICO and cut my cost in half. I was very surprised how much lower GEICO was. Hopefully no surprises on the renewal.