Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

220 lbs / 100 kg min. hanging on your wall.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh. 1" square tubing, 3/8 wall, rated at close to 1000lbs/sqr-in under compression (per leg @18" long), welded end caps on one end, inserted & welded solid 3/4" threaded rod on the other, clear coated. Twist up/down legs (x2) distributing to the floor maybe 50% of the weight for each 250 pound PW. Two years later, zero indications of floor "scratches", rust, "thin" walls or weight distribution "issues" in those pictures, or in reality. And if they do scratch the floor, I can live with the extra character that will add to a garage well lived in - not really much I (or you) need to fret over. It's just a scratch after all.
Typo, 3/16 wall.

Sigh. 1" square tubing, 3/8 wall, rated at close to 1000lbs/sqr-in under compression (per leg @18" long), welded end caps on one end, inserted & welded solid 3/4" threaded rod on the other, clear coated. Twist up/down legs (x2) distributing to the floor maybe 50% of the weight for each 250 pound PW. Two years later, zero indications of floor "scratches", rust, "thin" walls or weight distribution "issues" in those pictures, or in reality. And if they do scratch the floor, I can live with the extra character that will add to a garage well lived in - not really much I (or you) need to fret over. It's just a scratch after all.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

Reactions: JayClark