Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2200 mile round trip drive: M3LR or ICE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question-should I head to the dealership to be there right when they open so I can explain to them how important it is my car take priority or wait until they text me? It’s only 20 minutes away and we do HAVE to hit the road at 5 am on Tuesday. Or should I lie and say we have to be back on Tuesday instead of Wednesday? Our dog is boarded and they do not have room for him after Wednesday afternoon and we have no other option…

Question-should I head to the dealership to be there right when they open so I can explain to them how important it is my car take priority or wait until they text me? It’s only 20 minutes away and we do HAVE to hit the road at 5 am on Tuesday. Or should I lie and say we have to be back on Tuesday instead of Wednesday? Our dog is boarded and they do not have room for him after Wednesday afternoon and we have no other option…
You will wait two months for an appointment like everyone else and take your uber credits. /s

For real though. They might put you ahead but getting a rental or loaner will likely take some gentle but urgent pressing.

Reactions: phishphan
Final update, hopefully. Said it was a firmware issue related to charging. Ironically it did happen the first time after I used a regular 110v outlet to charge overnight at my parents house. They’re charging it to 90% for me and I’m outta here. Fingers crossed for our drive tomorrow and Wednesday.
So did they do a firmware update, or did they tell you to wait until your car qualifies and not to charge 110 until then?

Haven’t even made it to Nebraska yet and this wind is no joke. Not sure I am going to enjoy the drive west as much as the drive east.
Several years ago we hit unexpectedly high winds going west and had to slow down considerably to compensate. There weren’t any trucks to draft. If you have the right adapters, RV parks can provide ”emergency” charging.

Several years ago we hit unexpectedly high winds going west and had to slow down considerably to compensate. There weren’t any trucks to draft. If you have the right adapters, RV parks can provide ”emergency” charging.
Really hope it doesn’t come to that but thank you. What would you estimate the range loss to have been if you remember?

Haven’t even made it to Nebraska yet and this wind is no joke. Not sure I am going to enjoy the drive west as much as the drive east.
It's a big difference. Plus, you are going uphill. Don't be afraid though, you can always slow down a little and get back range if that's an issue. We were able to do it with those kind of winds pulling a 1000 lb trailer. Just count on stopping at all of the Superchargers in Wyo.