Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2200mah max current

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Where are you getting the 700 amps? I wonder if that is a software regulated number or a hardware limitation.
I had found in data sheets that a non-sport is 700 amps and a sport 900 amps. But that is not verified. I checked logs from the last time at the drag strip and saw draws of 625 amps, so not far off the spec I thought I found.

I think it is both hardware (PEM and Motor) and software that limits it. The Sports have a specially engineered PEM, specially hand wound motor and of course different firmware.

Last edited:
I had found in data sheets that a non-sport is 700 amps and a sport 900 amps. I think it is both hardware (PEM and Motor) and software that limits it. The Sports have a specially engineered PEM, specially hand wound motor and of course different firmware.

Ok, thanks. I'm trying to determine the max current the battery could produce if not software or post ESS hardware limited. I was thinking 1000 amps would be reasonable.

Interesting that our sheets are all fused with fast acting 400amp bus fuses.