Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

220v 30 amp - Advice, Charging Times

Thirsty3

Oct 20, 2018
Philly
I think you're right, jeffbco re the dryer!

Anyhow, got a second opinion and the electrician (who is highly reputable/been in business in my area for decades) said it's no problem to do a "twin" off of another circuit and he can get me 240 v/50 a (so about 30 mph). Pretty psyched. About $800 to do this but he'll throw in another 110 outdoor outlet (for general outdoor use, etc.). The other guy wanted $500 when he thought he could split off my dryer. Both estimates seem higher than what I was expecting, but installation involves running the wires about 30 feet across the house through a tight crawl space. Will book the 240v/50 a service when I get my VIN.

Reactions: Pilot1226

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC