Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22inch black rims only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my rims when I got my car, the upcharge was $4500. I know the tires are a little different size and perhaps a bit more expensive, but the car comes with a factory set of tires and rims which Tesla kept, so I took the $4500 to be a cost for rims only.

That being said, your $2600 would be fair. Now you have to get the TPS valves and a set of tires.....so I dont know if you will go over my $4500 purchase or not.

My service center said they would put high performance good year tires on for about 1k.

So ill be into it for 3600 or so.
That's seems like a solid deal! You'll love em...I do!

Attachments

• IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    412.2 KB · Views: 104
I might suggest you check the profile of the tires they offer.....My factory set have a very tight sidewall profile, which means my rims are almost flush with the sidewall. Results are that you get road rash on your black rims with even the slightest brush against a curb. I put tires on another vehicle that had a great profile, pushing out about a 16th of an inch beyond the rims, and protecting the rims from any damage. Hope when its time to replace my tires I can find a similar set.

Ive also been looking for rim protectors but really dont like the type that use tape to attach to the edge of the rim. Looks ok when first installed, but the slightest brush with a curb pulls the rim protector off. Found one company, Rim Rings, that makes a better product, but to date, they dont offer for a 22" rim. Im being as careful as I can, and dont parallel park unless really necessary, but I still got a small brush mark dag nab it!!