Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22s - What PSI do you run?

BullishPip

Oct 27, 2019
Washington
For all your running the stock 22 inch rims, what PSI do you run your tires at?

I've read higher PSI numbers can lower the rolling resistance which in turn and increase range...

Have you noticed any impacts to your range based upon your tire PSI rating?

Sep 8, 2017
Australia
I keep the PSI to 43. I believe that's the suggested inflation, although I'll admit I haven't referred to the specifications. Tesla vehicles typically run tire inflation levels higher than ICE vehicles, from my experience. I cannot comment on range. I bought my vehicle with the 20" wheels and then upgraded to 22". Although there is talk of a range penalty, I haven't tested this. Nor have I found the 22" wheels to offer a harsher ride than the 20". I'm sure they do, but I cannot say I have experienced or noticed a difference.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Run what the door pillar says. Otherwise you may be trading range or ride for tire wear, handling, and a potential failure by having a smaller section of the tire in contact with the ground.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC