Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

23 Day Delivery - But...........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very fortunate to order my Mod S Plaid on 19NOV and have it delivered to my driveway today, only 23 days later. (Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.) However, there are many more issues than when I bought a Mod Y some six months ago. I was glad when they waived the driveway delivery charge because of the Nambe Falls Center problems.

First, the car came with no lid cover for the rear trunk. I understand that there are supply shortages on some items, but if that is the case, I think they should have notified me ahead of time. Also there are issues with the way the hood fits, as it is almost a half inch high in one spot. The hatch doesn't line up very well with the rear window on one side. And the notorious "vein" is there in the yoke air bag covering. Also, my account STILL says to prepare for delivery, which is preventing me from pairing up to the cell phone mobile app. So, no mobile app means no way to put in a service call for these issues. I called Tesla and they said the delivery team hasn't notified them that the car has been delivered yet, which causes the mobile app problem.

So if you get your car delivered in a very quick time frame, beware, as there may be gremlins that come with it.

Yes, I got the app to work. It appears that the car delivery guys didn't notify Tesla that the car was delivered. I got a call from CS delivery team and a very nice person got things updated at the Tesla site. Now the app works and I have a service date in a week to take care of the problems

Reactions: digitaldad