Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'23 MYP Driver window rattles, cold draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hearing rattling noises by driver window in the upper left corner on roads that have uneven pavements. If I roll down the window a bit, the noise seems to go away. The window doesn't seem as flushed as the passenger side but I am wondering if this minor difference can lead to this or something else. Also, I could feel a cold draft on highway whenever a car passes me. SC did some door adustment and this helps a bit with the cold draft but did not resolve it completely.

For the rattling noise, SC said they couldn't diagnose it and I have a recording of said noise and hear it everyday during my commute during this particular freeway segment that isn't paved.

I am making a 2nd appointment at a different SC and requested a tech ride along. Has anyone experienced this?

Just had my passenger rear window regulator replaced cause it was vibrating all around and the window was loose. They replaced it and of course they aligned the window like crap and when I go back up there guy says its normal. I have another appointment to replace the front drivers window regulator due to window rolls down some when trying to auto roll up. I do sometimes here a slight rattle in the same one you describe up front, ill see if it goes away after they replace front window regulator. I suspect that its in the headliner trim tho. Its not that bad and doesn't always do it so far. I think I'm kinda coming to the conclusion that it will never be dead silent on uneven roads. But I think this is really an all new car issue. My cousin has a newer Range Rover Velar and that thing seems to rattle its ass off.

Had my inside driver door panel replaced (clips were broken). SC also adjusted the glass inward and aligned the driver door to match the driver rear. It looks more flushed.

The rattle is slightly still there on bumpy roads and cold draft can be felt at the b-pillar gap but also has improved. I will be ok with these improvements and enjoy the car as it is an amazing car. I would say I am happy with the result although not perfect.