Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

232 Wh/mi. I’m obsessed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive to work about 76 miles one way. I have a ‘16 X 90D. Rated range on a 100% charge is about 240 miles. I charge to 90% and today drove to work, then 86 miles to my daughter’s hockey game, arriving with 30% charge left still. On my way to work I was down to 232 Wh/mile which made me happy. Set AP at the 65 mph limit, used range mode, and didn’t need climate control.
So I’m getting about 240 miles on the 90% charge, or about 260 on 100%. Granted, it’s a pretty flat drive with a 65 mph limit which allows for pretty ideal conditions.
I love trying to keep the Wh/mile down. Anyone else obsessed with it?
D48BAD64-4CBB-4D19-87C3-37B914CFFF2F.jpeg

In the OC too, and obsesses with my P3D+. With our S85, not so much.

Got the P3D+ in Oct 2018 and was running 350 Kw/m until new year. I have managed to get down to 290 Kw/m lifetime now. Only use the power when warranted.

Goal is OC to Cambria with no stops runnings the 20” wheels and factory tires. 268 miles door-to-door.

So obsessed with range in th least range worthy 3.

A different sort of fun.

Reactions: TravisCindy
I understand where OP Is coming from. Was staying with traffic today on a 45 mph road for 10-15 miles - an unusual day nobody seemed to be in a hurry - and pleased to glance down at my last 5 at 140 wh. Ended the trip around 175. Car is MS75D - no HVAC or seat/wheel heaters needed this afternoon.

Reactions: TravisCindy
I have P3-, delivered 10/18. Absolutely love Her. Short commune. Poor energy usage in the No VA winters at 286/m. With spring weather really improving and hope/expect to get it down below rated 250wh/m this summer. Hate to use the word ‘Obsessed ‘, but others (wifey) might. I drive normally but rarely ‘jack’ it, unless I’m demoing for newbies. I chose P3 for the then offered unlimited lifetime Supercharging. Likely now would buy LR RWD.