Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24.6.11 HD Audio Playback via USB Stick - Loading Error FLAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I know there is extensive documentation about the Loading Error. Up until the latest SW update in my MS my 96/24 and 192/24 FLAC files would play just fine. Today my 44.1 FLAC files play just fine but all the high rez files give me a loading error.
Both 44.1 and 96k files are on the same stick/drive,

Anyone else having this issue ?

thanks,
Marc

• Informative
Reactions: GasKilla
Hi All,
I know there is extensive documentation about the Loading Error. Up until the latest SW update in my MS my 96/24 and 192/24 FLAC files would play just fine. Today my 44.1 FLAC files play just fine but all the high rez files give me a loading error.
Both 44.1 and 96k files are on the same stick/drive,

Anyone else having this issue ?

thanks,
Marc

After the latest update 28.6 (for me) all my mp3. Yes. Extension .mp3 files that use to play now give me loading errors. Not sure what to do. I can’t figure it out.

Here to. On FW 2020.32.3 / MCU1

I batch process my files with EQ with iZotope RX and the DMG EQuilibrium sometimes fail so I had another go with an album in 88.2kHz and to my surprise it didn't work now either. Testing my other albums all the 88.2 and 96kHz does not work. During my batch process I have to do some gain adjustments as well so I render/export to 24bit FLAC and playback of 24bit is no problem as long as it is in 44.1 or 48kHz

• Informative
So, to be clear, no one can play 24 bit flac right?
My car comes Thursday and much of my audio is 24 bit.
I guess I should be resigned that my 86k$ car lacks basic functionality that my damned Pacifica had. Lovely...

Has there been a campaign organized to hit Tesla with this issue over social media? What can we do to move this forward?

Here to. On FW 2020.32.3 / MCU1

I batch process my files with EQ with iZotope RX and the DMG EQuilibrium sometimes fail so I had another go with an album in 88.2kHz and to my surprise it didn't work now either. Testing my other albums all the 88.2 and 96kHz does not work. During my batch process I have to do some gain adjustments as well so I render/export to 24bit FLAC and playback of 24bit is no problem as long as it is in 44.1 or 48kHz

44.1 and 48K work - anything greater than that does not work anymore

Reactions: Eric M
Ok thanks for the info. I guess i'm reduced to BT until they fix it. I have no desire to convert my 1000's of songs to work around this BS.
Has TWC ever attempted a social media blitz to get notice from Tesla exec's to seemingly simple yet intractable issues such as this.
How would one go about organizing that?

Ok, I am confused. I plugged in my M2 SSD drive and it played this audio file just fine:

Format : FLAC
Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration : 3 min 19 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 542 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 192 kHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 132 MiB (100%)
Writing library : libFLAC 1.3.3 (UTC 2019-08-04

From reading above I thought this would not work?

Ok, I am confused. I plugged in my M2 SSD drive and it played this audio file just fine:

What firmware does your car have? Perhaps they fixed it on the firmware your car was delivered with ...

44.1 and 48K work - anything greater than that does not work anymore

Add me to the club. And this issue is coming very soon after the update where the USB didn't work at all for a few weeks, and I drove in areas where there was no cell signal and could not stream. Very annoying.

Thanks for starting this thread; didn't see it until now, and I complained about this issue in other threads, and was considering starting one but never got around to it. I don't have a huge amount of hi-res files on the flashdrive I have in the car but it is annoying when playback freezes because it won't play the file.

Unfortunately people with these files are in the minority, and therefore I don't know how much importance Tesla will put on this. I suggest we all phone Tesla and inform them we want the ability to play hi-res files restored.

It doesn't work in my car, I was hoping 2020.36.3.1 would fix it, but it didn't. Which firmware is your car on?

I have 2 usb sticks with audio files and I’ve noticed the buggy update doesn’t show the name I have for each stick which makes it harder to find the songs I want to listen to ...

years ago I was at a lunch at the Fremont factory where a question was asked about the media player and audio files etc and Franz said were working on and would fix the media player. I’ve resigned to the fact it will never work correctly.

This is extremely frustrating because I had to drive a POS gas burner Nissian Sentra while my Tesla was in the shop and guess what, that car played my high res audio files no problem and had apple car play for about 1/4 of the price of a MS. I’d be better off if I didn’t know cheap cars could play hi res audio files, come with apple car play, and work flawlessly.

The app says 36.11. It updated Friday I believe.

Oh! I assumed you would say you had an older software version before the issue. Crossing my fingers the latest firmware 2020.36.11 fixed the issue then; only 6% of AP1 cars and 16% of the fleet are on it at this point.

Can anyone else confirm? I will once it gets pushed to me, but I was in the latter third of cars to get the latest update for AP1: 2020.36.3.1 so I'm going to assume the same will happen with this one....

How is the order of rollout determined or is it random? I didn't sign up for anything that I recall. I'm really happy with the usb payback now, as the fidelity is excellent, with 2 exceptions:
1) if I don't unplug the wireless charging it un-mounts the drive periodically. I don't want to use wireless so that's not an issue but it's strange. Almost like it doesn't have the wattage to power both wireless charge and my ssd drive.
2) As many have mentioned I absolutely hate how it doesn't save my location in a podcast. From what I've read there is no streaming option which does save position either (TuneIn, spotify also lose position?)..