Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24.6.11 HD Audio Playback via USB Stick - Loading Error FLAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just gotten my second software update since this bug started appearing and it's still there. Every 16 bit flac plays just fine, every 24 bit flac has the loading error. Cmon people. Is this part of the worldwide conspiracy to get people to stop owning their media and stream everything?
Correction... it's the bit rate rather than the khz that's triggering the bug. 24/44.1 plays fine, 24/96 does not play.
AND STILL NOT FIXED!

So for those who might be following this, the file that Eric M has sent me (24 bit 192kHz) that plays fine in his car does not play in mine. I get the same loading error as my other 24 bit files (96 khz)

But he has a spanking new car, with an MCU2 of course, and mine is an MCU1. Not sure about the OP; @Zepman which media unit do you have? or what is the age of your car?

I did call Tesla and the first person I talked to said he wasn't aware of the issue. He checked my vehicle on his end and all looked fine, he suggested I remove the usb and any chargers and do a power off as well as a reboot. (standard response) I did that and no difference.

I called back and spoke to someone different who was aware of the lack of playability of hi-resolution files. She put more notes down and sent it off for someone to read and hopefully it will be deemed important enough to solve the coding issue on a future update; preferably the next one.

So if anyone is having the same issue I encourage you to call and report the issue; the more comments the more likely the the fix will come; squeaky wheel gets the grease so to speak.

Reactions: GasKilla