Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 Hour SoC Loss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our MYLR was delivered on Friday, just before we went out of town. We charged it to 90% Friday night and that's what it was when we unplugged it in the morning. Then we went out of town.

24 hours later (now) the app shows 84-85% SoC (it's bouncing around). This seems unusual compared to the other EV we have (Volvo), but maybe something was running. And the fact that it said 72F on the climate this morning is the first thing I'm looking at. It happens to be where I had the climate control set when I parked. Does it run when the car is parked? Granted it's a SoCal garage with a window facing West, probably low 60's in the garage by the morning, but how much energy does heating the car take?

Is there a way to tell what is draining the battery while it's parked in a garage doing nothing? I know our case is unusual in that we took delivery, drove it home and now it's sitting for 4 days. I will keep an eye on the SoC each day until we return.

Thank you for any tips in the interim.

There are like a zillion threads like this.

Turn off sentry if its in your own garage(you can do this via app for now, but set it up in the car to automatically not turn it on when you are at home).

Turn off smart summon if its enabled.

The climate control doesn't run to keep the temp as set when you aren't in it, unless you've turned on camp or dog mode. Until you disable it, it WILL run the AC occasionally if the interior temp gets to 105. Turn that setting to 'fan only' or 'off'.