Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully installed 24" rims?
I am assuming a rear tire size of 275/25/24?
I'm still trying to find a tire size to fit the fronts as 275 is entirely too wide for the front.
The car is a P85 with Air suspension if that helps.
Thanks so much.

Check out this ride; totally pimped-out with 40" blood red rims and staggered 24s. Sick!

Horse_and_buggy.jpg

I'm going with 1 hp (shhh! don't even mention horsepower on this forum, this thread will be hijacked by crazed zealots who obviously overspent on their horse and buggy now claim that the 1 horsepower is completely misleading because riding in the buggy feels nothing like riding horseback).

Hmm, that horse is more like 0.8 hp, due to inefficiencies in its internals, age and a worrying slight in its offside rear hoof.

Its possible the horses maintenance has been less than ideal because the owner cant afford matching front and rear wheels on the buggy. The horse also seems to be sporting some sort of low-tech anti lane change devices around each eye. There's no headlights so night time driving is out. The Cd looks to be about 1.4 so they need to work on that too.

I hope the owner isn't advertising that as 1 horse power because that would be misleading.

Performance is unlikely to be spectacular, irrelevant of whether you allow for roll out or not.

:biggrin:

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
I hope the owner isn't advertising that as 1 horse power because that would be misleading.

Yes, they should at least put an asterisk next to it when making such a claim. Something like:

* Equine power has different characteristics to ICE power.
** All 0-30 measurements were taken with empty bowels, and a lump of sugar placed 1 foot in front of the muzzle."
*** This is not a ZEV vehicle. It will occasionally and randomly excrete large amounts of fecal matter which can be harmful to the driver.

Yes, they should at least put an asterisk next to it when making such a claim. Something like:

* Equine power has different characteristics to ICE power.
** All 0-30 measurements were taken with empty bowels, and a lump of sugar placed 1 foot in front of the muzzle."
*** This is not a ZEV vehicle. It will occasionally and randomly excrete large amounts of fecal matter which can be harmful to the driver.

The qualifications for ZEV credits are quite strict, with few exceptions. But there is a subcommittee of the CARB group known as a OATS (Older Autonomous Transport Solutions) that consults on exemptions, noting that all types of herbivore powered transport produce a major pollutant in the form of methane.

After years of tax payer funded research into alternative horse food they concluded that methane is unavoidable.

Due to the extremely explosive nature of methane they insist that a new law be put in place banning the drivers of OAT vehicles from smoking. They noted that the side effect of smoking behind a horse include momentary bursts of extreme acceleration when the horse self-ignites into a giant gas ball. The resulting force can destroy property 2 blocks away and leave 50 ft craters .. but they didn't recommend any fines or prison sentences since they cant be applied posthumously.

One solution to this is to provide kevlar gas capture bags for fitment to the rear of the horse, allowing the horse operator to sell the gas to utility companies.

(not sure what this has to do with 24" wheels !!)

Last edited:
Just answer the question for the guy. He didn't ask your opinions. I have a Model X and the wheels should be at the least Urus sized to fit the body. 23" tires aren't possible for Tesla so 24" is the only plus one option. 24" come factory on a Range Rover and no one says a Peep about that.

• Disagree
Here's a X with a 24". Whats the big deal? So he loses 5 miles of range from a full charge...@80%, thats 4 miles. Most city commuters can live with that and not feel a thing. 24" may be too much for an S but for an X suv, its a non issue. Even the Audo Q8 comes oem with 23" now.

Attachments

• GTS_Cover.png
    GTS_Cover.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 738
Just answer the question for the guy. He didn't ask your opinions. I have a Model X and the wheels should be at the least Urus sized to fit the body. 23" tires aren't possible for Tesla so 24" is the only plus one option. 24" come factory on a Range Rover and no one says a Peep about that.

This thread is from 2015.

But 24's won't fit on a Model S without modification. Especially in the front.

what does the age of the thread have to do with this question? AFAIK Tesla hasn't done peep to the body shape in 18 years. Same size car, same fitment. S, I agree, X, not so much. G Wagens, Culinnen, Betyaga, all sport 24" from the factory now. 24: wheels on a high end SUV - Get used to it...Its here.

• Funny
what does the age of the thread have to do with this question? AFAIK Tesla hasn't done peep to the body shape in 18 years. Same size car, same fitment. S, I agree, X, not so much. G Wagens, Culinnen, Betyaga, all sport 24" from the factory now. 24: wheels on a high end SUV - Get used to it...Its here.

Wheel well and fender depth on the refresh is deeper than previous models.