TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

240V Portable Solar Generator

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by bsinacore, Oct 11, 2012.

1. bsinacore

bsinacore New Member

Anyone know where I can purchase a portable solar 240v Generator to charge my model S?
    Thank you.
    B

2. Alan

Alan Member

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

You need to be able to generate at least 1.3 kW @110V continuous in order for the car to charge. Also the Roadster is well-known for being fussy about its power source - most generators do not work. I'm sure the Model S is similarly fussy. So the odds of this being successful are low.

4. brismyth

brismyth Member

Although unrealistic, a solution like this may be something close to what are you looking for? Although it is rated for 19kWh/day, if it were fully charged and you plugged in for the day you could conceivably get 38kWh in a day. But is ability to really be mobile, as in with your car, is not realistic.

http://www.mobilesolarpower.net/ms_series/ms-375/

5. Russell

Russell Member

I hope nobody buys one of those and tows it behind their Model S. That would be "Ghetto".

6. zack

zack Member

Wow. That's huge.