Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

240V Single Phase PowerPack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the process of evaluating energy storage for my home and electric vehicles. Here are the basics of my situation. I have an 18kW solar system on my home. Daily I utilize at least 55 kWhr just for my electric vehicles. I need to be able to time shift my energy production to charge my EV over night.

In order to do this I would need a minimum of four PowerWalls, more likely five. Currently pricing for 4 or 5 PWs is $26.8k to $33.5k.

It’s my understanding, and I may be wrong, that a 100kWhr PowerPack is less than the price for 4 PWs. However, it is only available in a 480V 3 phase configuration.

I would love to be able to purchase a single 100kWhr PowerPack if it came in a 240V single phase configuration.

Is Tesla even considering this as an option?

His location says Indio, CA. I think that means he is not in SCE territory and is in the Imperial Irrigation District (IID) service area. IID no longer has NEM for new solar installations. They only pay 7c/kWh for feed-in and residential consumption is 12c/kWh. Surplus kWh does not roll over to future months. All fees are payable every month. So, without Net Metering, there is an economic incentive to self-consumption. IID's Self Generation Schedule (solar without Net Metering rules) is here: https://www.iid.com/home/showdocument?id=11831

AFAIK, Tesla has no plans to offer Powerpacks compatible with residential service. Powerwalls can be grouped up to 10 units in one installation.

It’s my understanding, and I may be wrong, that a 100kWhr PowerPack is less than the price for 4 PWs. However, it is only available in a 480V 3 phase configuration.
The current specs for the Powerpack at Tesla Powerpack say the unit size is 210 kWh. Wikipedia claims Powerpack 1 was 100 kWh per unit, while Powerpack 2 is 200 kWh per unit. I expect the pricing information you have is out of date.

Cheers, Wayne