Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#241 Very Orange is now home with me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow TMC Roadster owners. I'm now the proud new owner of #241. I bought it from a local dealer here in the DFW area as previously noted in the Orphan thread. Today's Roadster Orphan

I'm a new Roadster owner, but not new to Tesla. I also currently own a Model S for about the past 2 years and put over 40k miles on it so far. I started looking for another Tesla because I have to de-conflict and schedule my errands and driving around town when my wife is not otherwise driving the Model S. I work from home, so no commute, but I just don't enjoy driving our other vehicles as much as the Tesla. Initially I was looking for a CPO or private party used Model S, but I stumbled on 241 during my online searches. I think I stayed up reading TMC Roadster threads two nights in a row trying to learn as much about the Roadster as possible, and in the back of my mind I kept rationalizing the decision to get it. I had to wait to test drive 241 because it was at Tesla for its annual service. Once I test drove it, I knew I had to have it, and no more questions or rationalizing it. Before the test drive, I was mostly worried about the seating position and comfort of the seats. Once seated in the cockpit, I was pleasantly surprised. After that first full throttle acceleration, I was sold.

The Roadster came with both the hard top and the soft top, but I mostly like driving it topless. It also came with the yellow wire 120V mobile connector and a 240V Roadster Foundry Mobile Charger as described here. Roadster Foundry mobile charging kit

Now that have it in my garage, I'm working on upgrading my charging so I can have both cars charging at the same time if needed. I'm also looking at purchasing a Henry Sharpe CAN-SR. If anyone is selling a used CAN-SR, please let me know. I also have the Foundry Connector on sale or trade in the for sale section. Roadster Foundry Mobile Connector

During the annual service, Tesla identified some things like TPMS sensor failure, but the dealer that sold the Roadster to me chose to replace the TMPS sensors themselves. Unfortunately, the Roadster is still showing TPMS sensor errors. The dealer says that it needs to be taken back to Tesla for them to program the new sensors. The appointment with the Tesla service center for the TPMS is scheduled for Dec 14. While I'm in for service, I will ask them about some cosmetic things like the headrest for the passenger seat. I hope I can order it from Tesla vs searching for used replacement parts or going to a custom car place to custom order it.

Anyway, I just can't stop smiling when I think of my new to me Roadster.
IMG_8758.JPG IMG_8720.JPG IMG_8746.JPG IMG_8759.JPG

We use a Tesla Wall Connector on a 100 amp breaker for our Model S with the Can SR for Roadster charging. I have been meaning to add a NEMA 14-50 outlet to the garage for the occasional times we would need to charge two cars at once. Your Roadster looks awesome! Congratulations

Reactions: Frisco-Dad
We use a Tesla Wall Connector on a 100 amp breaker for our Model S with the Can SR for Roadster charging. I have been meaning to add a NEMA 14-50 outlet to the garage for the occasional times we would need to charge two cars at once. Your Roadster looks awesome! Congratulations

Thanks for your comments. One of my favorite features of driving an EV is the super convenience of just plugging in the vehicle whenever we park at home and waking up the next morning with a "full tank". With the new Tesla Wall Connector, there is communication between the wall connectors to balance the load of charging from one breaker. I've already got one wall connector, so it is an easy job for me to add a second wall connector to the existing circuit. I'm looking forward to this fun project.

Congrats! I bought mine from Starwood as well, after giving up on finding a Very Orange in early 2016. Should've waited a few months, because 241 showed up shortly after. Have been watching it since and just noticed it gone. Glad to see it went to a good home!

Reactions: Frisco-Dad
I also currently own a Model S for about the past 2 years and put over 40k miles on it so far. I started looking for another Tesla because I have to de-conflict and schedule my errands and driving around town when my wife is not otherwise driving the Model S
Congratulations @Frisco-Dad ! In 2014 I was in the same situation as you describe: owned an S and had become disenchanted with all ICE vehicles. My solution was the same as yours: buy a Roadster! A Very Orange Roadster, of course. :cool:

Very Orange is very special.
Well of course it is...

I think #241 was originally in Washington state... Maybe originally owned by an ex Microsoft exec...

Makes sense. There are some saved searches and address book locations saved in the NAV. Also the car fax showed one owner in Washington state before it was purchased by the dealer here in Dallas.

Finally someone bought this beautiful car! Congratulations.
Double Din on this 1.5 is certainly great.

I guess I better read up on all those DIN vs Double DIN threads on TMC.

I think I saw you waiting to turn south on Preston from either Main St. or Rolater on Saturday. I am the guy in the white Model S who gave you a thumbs up out the window as I drove by on Preston while my wife was embarrassed in the front seat. Congrats!

Thanks for waving. I don't remember waving back. I hope I didn't ignore you. I was pretty much just randomly driving around Frisco on Saturday, I couldn't get enough of it, and the weather was so great.

Orange is certainly a great color. I didn't know it was so popular. Orange Roadster owners are in strong representation here on TMC.

Thanks again for all the congratulations.

Hello fellow TMC Roadster owners. I'm now the proud new owner of #241. I bought it from a local dealer here in the DFW area as previously noted in the Orphan thread. Today's Roadster Orphan

I'm a new Roadster owner, but not new to Tesla. I also currently own a Model S for about the past 2 years and put over 40k miles on it so far. I started looking for another Tesla because I have to de-conflict and schedule my errands and driving around town when my wife is not otherwise driving the Model S. I work from home, so no commute, but I just don't enjoy driving our other vehicles as much as the Tesla. Initially I was looking for a CPO or private party used Model S, but I stumbled on 241 during my online searches. I think I stayed up reading TMC Roadster threads two nights in a row trying to learn as much about the Roadster as possible, and in the back of my mind I kept rationalizing the decision to get it. I had to wait to test drive 241 because it was at Tesla for its annual service. Once I test drove it, I knew I had to have it, and no more questions or rationalizing it. Before the test drive, I was mostly worried about the seating position and comfort of the seats. Once seated in the cockpit, I was pleasantly surprised. After that first full throttle acceleration, I was sold.

The Roadster came with both the hard top and the soft top, but I mostly like driving it topless. It also came with the yellow wire 120V mobile connector and a 240V Roadster Foundry Mobile Charger as described here. Roadster Foundry mobile charging kit

Now that have it in my garage, I'm working on upgrading my charging so I can have both cars charging at the same time if needed. I'm also looking at purchasing a Henry Sharpe CAN-SR. If anyone is selling a used CAN-SR, please let me know. I also have the Foundry Connector on sale or trade in the for sale section. Roadster Foundry Mobile Connector

During the annual service, Tesla identified some things like TPMS sensor failure, but the dealer that sold the Roadster to me chose to replace the TMPS sensors themselves. Unfortunately, the Roadster is still showing TPMS sensor errors. The dealer says that it needs to be taken back to Tesla for them to program the new sensors. The appointment with the Tesla service center for the TPMS is scheduled for Dec 14. While I'm in for service, I will ask them about some cosmetic things like the headrest for the passenger seat. I hope I can order it from Tesla vs searching for used replacement parts or going to a custom car place to custom order it.

Anyway, I just can't stop smiling when I think of my new to me Roadster.
View attachment 264682 View attachment 264683 View attachment 264684 View attachment 264685
Ok so I figure your Divorced or your wife is an ANGEL:D:D:D:D Congrats...Beautiful

Congratulations. On a 1.5 you do not need to reprogram the TPMS just drive it for 21 or so miles. If you still have a problem after a long drive then you likely have another issue. As for the Henry Sharp CAN I recommend it and have both the JR and SR versions.

And while it is not likely done to code I do run both my chargers off the same breaker. I installed two NEMA 14-50 and have each station wired in. I make sure I do not charge both cars at a high rate and set the defaults so I am never pushing the limits. 2+ years and no issues.

Here's a few photos from today...where myself (VIN 523) and @hsull8915 (VIN 543) warmly welcomed VIN 241 into DFW with a fantastic lunch and cruise afterward. Congratulations again, @Frisco-Dad! We're thrilled to have you!

Threesome2.jpeg

Threesome3.jpeg

(Oop...looks like I've just blown the lid on my most recent extensive upgrades on 523. Quick! Time to jump into my Electric Blue Upgrade Thread and explain!!!