TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

245/35/20, 20x9, +25 fronts - too much poke?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by iaonbb, Aug 18, 2018.

1. iaonbb

iaonbb Member

Title says it all. Will be combined with a 1" mild drop. Only found one pic of a track car with this setup in the front and hard to tell the exact stance. Appreciate any/all input...

2. Perry

Perry Member

I am curious about the same thing.

3. spam7788

spam7788 Member

I'm debating going with 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear.

Both with 40 offset.
    Hopefully theres no issue

4. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

What do people mean by too much poke?
    Too much poke for me is when the wheels hit the fenders. Haha.
    245 width on +25 rims should clear the front fenders. I think the widest anyone has done in the front is 275 +35.
    Also why does everyone want a staggered setup? No way to rotate the tires and more understeer :confused:

• Like x 1
  5. Perry

Perry Member

I think they are doing it for the looks and are short sighted about the negative performance cost.

• Informative x 1
  6. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

#6 Xenoilphobe, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    I call staggered the "all show and no go" look, especially with AWD.

At least the car below didn't go staggered, but is asking for trouble on the street with this setup. I would say this is too much "poke". Also it does wonders for your paint, as the summer tires sandblast road debris on your car paint daily.

17x10 +12 ET wheels wrapped with 275/40 tires on a 2g and running a t28 for autox on an Eagle Talon.
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Ok that doesn’t looks very good. How do those wheels not hit the fenders??? Are they running without springs?
    I didn’t consider the “sandblasting” problem. The wheels on a stock Model 3 look very inset to me. I figure it must be good for aerodynamics.

8. 240W

240W Member

lol, that eagle talon must be running on some stiff suspension and not hit the fenders

9 wide +25 would look like that except sticking out .5 inch, if you lower it, it'll look like MPP's car, their advan is 19X9 +25 up front

i agree, stagger is more for looks, just like those little spoilers on the trunk, but most folks aren't tracking the car anyways.
    to achieve filling the rear wheel well to look flush, at minimum, square setup would need some spacers in the rear
    just for kicks, googling, some awd comes staggered like m5, 4matic mbz, gtr, panamera...

9. iaonbb

iaonbb Member

Thanks 240W. The MPP car is the one I was referencing. Unfortunately, I could only find one decent pic and it's really hard to tell since the photo is not at a favorable angle.

FWIW, I do intend to run a fairly aggressive spacer in the rear to achieve the staggered look but still maintain the ability to rotate. Likely 15-20 mm depending on whether or not I go with +25 or +30; the former means I could get away with a smaller spacer. I think a little poke in the back looks great but not sure about the front.

10. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Here are some more pics of the car at "wheel fitment evaluation" angles. The 9 +25 is pretty aggressive. I'd suggest 9.5 +35 all around.

DSC_0349.JPG DSC_0345.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  11. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

From the photo it looks like they rolled the fenders to make those monstrosities fit.

Gross.

12. RobertQuinn

RobertQuinn New Member

Do you think 9.5+35 will fit on the AWD performance Modle 3?
    Would you recommend going with 19-inch rims or 20-inch?

13. iaonbb

iaonbb Member

Many thanks MP! Those pics are very helpful. I think I'll play it safe and go with +30. Cheers!

14. pandam3

pandam3 Member

Was looking throught he forums for fitment examples... sorry to hijack.

So with this current 19x9 +25 and 19x10 +35
    - no rubbing?
    - how much of an affecting on range did this have? I plan on running less aggressive rubber... PS4S... so not R compound. I’m hoping it’s more the tire compound that affects range vs size and width.

I do want a more aggressive sporty look without sacrificing too much range... so thoughts on
    - Advan RG3’s in 19x9 +25 square?
    - Volk Racing TE37 Ultra’s in 19x9.5 square w/ +35 offset? Face 3 so nice and concave too... looks more aggressively good
    - Volk Racing TE37 Ultra’s in 19x8.5 square w/ +35 offset? Face 1 so not as concave a face

15. 240W

240W Member

Putting all options out there eh? Lol
    Depends on what tires will you likely be running consistently. 245 fits squarely on 8.5, 255 on 9 and 265 on 9.5.
    In terms of looks, it’s subjective.. MP has it lowered, stock height with that size and offset will look different. Some people like super flush look, 9 +25 lowered like what they have is that look.
    For stock height, 8.5 +35 will look good.
    For me, I’d get it lowered with 9.5 +35 and fit 265’s...

• Like x 1
  16. pandam3

pandam3 Member

Oh it’s going to be lowered... I’ve got Mountain Pass Performance’s full suspension catalogue on order. However since it’s going to be our daily driver and my wife drives it 1 or 2 days of the week I’m just dropping it about an inch. If she weren’t driving it I’d drop it a good 2 inches.

17. DNAPoPo

DNAPoPo Member

anybody try the 19x9.5 +35 square setup yet? if so, post up some pics!

18. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

Im interested too. I'd think 9.5 + 35 would poke a little in the front.

19. DNAPoPo

DNAPoPo Member

I'd be willing to test if out if the wheels were not that expensive, lol