Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

245/45/18 Winter Tyres on a Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 Performance with the stock 20" wheels and PS4S tyres fitted and i'm thinking of getting a set of 18" wheels with winter tyres as i suspect the stock tyres are not going to be great in the UK winter..

But.. I also have a set of winter tyres/wheels from a previous car - the wheels won't fit, but there are options for 18 inch wheels that will fit the M3P which i may be able to use the winter tyres that i have with. But they are 245/45/18 and so wider than the stock tyres fitted to the M3 with 18 inch wheels (235/45/18 i think?)

Would these tyres fit 18" alloys that would work with the Model 3 and what would be the performance/range hit if anything?

I see no reason why they will not physically fit - rims can take quite a wide range of widths. In fact slightly wider tyre may help avoid rim rash.

However, to be sure, best to ask whoever you are thinking of fitting the tyres.

Yes, I read that 235 or 245 are the "ideal" width for 8.5 inch wide rims with 255 also being acceptable. The only potential issue is the car ... I'd be surprised if they didn't fit but that's just out of my head!