TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

245/45R19 Nokian zLine For 2014 Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by modelsnick, Apr 17, 2015.

1. modelsnick

modelsnick New Member

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2014 Model S, and I am looking to replace the tires on it and go with a high performance option for the summer months. I have the 19" wheels, so tire size is 245/45R19. I was wondering if anyone had tried these Nokian zLine tires out on their Model S?

NOKIAN zLINE TIRES at Discount Prices - Free Shipping!

Nokian zLine - Safety tailored for high speeds and demanding use, especially for the varying summer weather in Central Europe. / Nokian Tyres

I am familiar with the Nokian winter line, but I have not ever run a summer tire from their brand. Their winter tires are amazing, however. I was hoping for some feedback and advice if anyone had any on the z-Line. Nokian's site breaks down some technical aspects, but you can only tell so much from a company release. First hand knowledge is always nice to hear. I do see they carry a 300 rating for the treadwear component of the UTQG rating, so I wonder how much life I will get out of these compared to other performance options out there? I also found them at $186/tire at Tires By Web, and for a performance tire in this size, that seems to be a nice price point. Other brands out there have tires for significantly more than that.

I really appreciate any feedback or experience anyone can provide. I am hoping to have a set ordered one way or the other within a week or so. Thanks!

2. Barry F

Barry F Member

modelsnick,

Did you get the zLines? I want to try them for a summer tire and the Hakkapeliitta 8s for winter.

3. wannamodels

wannamodels Member

Yes, please let us know how each of these Nokian's perform on the MdlS! I have had Nokian's on my Touareg and they are 'the best' snow and ice tire, IMHO. Would be great if someone has had the same experience on a MdlS...?