TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

245/45R19 Nokian zLine For 2014 Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by modelsnick, Apr 17, 2015.

1. modelsnick

modelsnick New Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello all,

I just purchased a 2014 Model S, and I am looking to replace the tires on it and go with a high performance option for the summer months. I have the 19" wheels, so tire size is 245/45R19. I was wondering if anyone had tried these Nokian zLine tires out on their Model S?

NOKIAN zLINE TIRES at Discount Prices - Free Shipping!

Nokian zLine - Safety tailored for high speeds and demanding use, especially for the varying summer weather in Central Europe. / Nokian Tyres

I am familiar with the Nokian winter line, but I have not ever run a summer tire from their brand. Their winter tires are amazing, however. I was hoping for some feedback and advice if anyone had any on the z-Line. Nokian's site breaks down some technical aspects, but you can only tell so much from a company release. First hand knowledge is always nice to hear. I do see they carry a 300 rating for the treadwear component of the UTQG rating, so I wonder how much life I will get out of these compared to other performance options out there? I also found them at $186/tire at Tires By Web, and for a performance tire in this size, that seems to be a nice price point. Other brands out there have tires for significantly more than that.

I really appreciate any feedback or experience anyone can provide. I am hoping to have a set ordered one way or the other within a week or so. Thanks!
  2. Barry F

Barry F Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Leesburg, VA

Did you get the zLines? I want to try them for a summer tire and the Hakkapeliitta 8s for winter.
  3. wannamodels

wannamodels Member

May 26, 2015
    Santa Clara, CA
    Yes, please let us know how each of these Nokian's perform on the MdlS! I have had Nokian's on my Touareg and they are 'the best' snow and ice tire, IMHO. Would be great if someone has had the same experience on a MdlS...?