Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

245/45ZR18 & 275/40ZR18 Staggered Fitment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
co_extremecontact_sport_full.jpg
Just curious if anyone has tried 245/45ZR18 front & 275/40ZR18 rear staggered fitment.

Rolling diameter is identical at 26.7.

The main downside I see is lack of tire choice, but you can get them in Continental ExtremeContact Sport, which is a very good tire, great wet braking numbers.

Thoughts?

You should have no problems with the 9.5 / 10.5 wheels with those tire sizes, again just depends on offset

As to the staggered tires on all 9in wheels, I would say it may not be ideal with what you would want. The fit of 275s on 9in is borderline...maybe someone has them. I am not so familiar with the fit of 18s and potential for the tire to rub on inside...with that offset, unlikely to rub on the fender either way.
Even if the 245 & 275 on 9in wheels fit "ok", the look may not be so desirable...stretched look on the front and fat look on the rear. If sticking with 9in wheels all around, consider doing a smaller uptick in staggered tires...could get away with 235-F & 255-R or 245-F 265-R while using same width ratio, but probably most here would rec just sticking with same tires all around.

Lots of posts with pics here on the site with various options wheel and tire sizes...pay attention to what effect and look you want to help finalize your choice. Hope that helps some....

Reactions: MODEL+
Yeah, if the plan is to run same width wheels all around, I would stick with same size tires all around. This will allow you to rotate tires. You can also run spacers in the rear or select a lower offset for your rear wheels to flush out and fill the space in the rear fenders. At the end of the day it comes down to what goal you're trying to achieve with this setup.