Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24K Gold Plated Tesla Emblems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any company that gold plates Tesla emblems? Decals are ok, but pearls off. Lacks the luster and looks fake.
Please let me know. Local company that previously did it for ICE cars disappeared over the years here in Hawaii. I love my Model 3, and have individualized my daily commuter that stands out from others. No listing in Yellow Pages.
Disappointing to say the least.
GT-M3D

Many plating shops will apply gold to whatever part you bring them as long as it's not dental. Plating uses nasty chemicals and the Hawaiian government is starting to consider the theory that pollution might be caused by pollutants, so you might have to mail the emblems off to California where there are no restrictions.

Your plating shop will probably want to know that the front badge is thin stamped stainless steel backfilled with resin and the rear badge is chrome plated die cast HotWheels metal. Expect to pay at least 0.0003₿

a1680067b1165fcc425a443d84fd5c1b.jpg

Upvote 0
Are there any company that gold plates Tesla emblems? Decals are ok, but pearls off. Lacks the luster and looks fake.
Please let me know. Local company that previously did it for ICE cars disappeared over the years here in Hawaii. I love my Model 3, and have individualized my daily commuter that stands out from others. No listing in Yellow Pages.
Disappointing to say the least.
GT-M3D
mmm gold, sexy!
Doing well with those Tesla shares aye 🧐

There are some DIY gold plating kits, and plenty of you tube experts on gold plating at home
Why stop at the car you can stretch the the Midas touch further
Tesla, telephones, toasters, toilet seats... the sky's the limit

Upvote 0
Many plating shops will apply gold to whatever part you bring them as long as it's not dental. Plating uses nasty chemicals and the Hawaiian government is starting to consider the theory that pollution might be caused by pollutants, so you might have to mail the emblems off to California where there are no restrictions.

Your plating shop will probably want to know

that the front badge is thin stamped stainless steel backfilled with resin and the rear badge is chrome plated die cast HotWheels metal. Expect to pay at least 0.0003₿

View attachment 724230
Thank you for the info.
The brass, chrome & gold shops disappeared due to EPA waste disposal issues here. The quality workmanship disappeared when the old timers retired also. Home kits look to time consuming and more clutter to store.
Appreciated your honest response.
I'll just take the Tesla logo off. Cheaper and would give the frunk a cleaner appearance.
Mahalo
GT-M3D

Upvote 0
Agreed. Also, since the logos come off pretty quickly in the sun with dental floss, you might come out to your car in a garage or lot some day to find your gold logos debadged anyway.
Hey Krash, 11.1.21
Thank you for your thoughts. I have worried about the theft of my logo. I've taken off the trunk logo, and wanted the frunk logo off also. But didn't get a chance to remove it myself before taking my M3 to be ceramic coated. The shop owner told me "no worry," he'd do it, "no problem." I picked up my M3 a week and a half later just to find the logo still on. He couldn't get it off with floss, "it broke," so he left it on after damaging the gold color vinyl decal's pointed edge.
Disappointing to say the least. I should have just done it myself to get the job done right.
Thank you again for the insight.

Upvote 1
Sorry they didn’t do a better job. I have an S so my logos were a different adhesive, but I bet a hair dryer on the vinyl and Teflon floss will work. Let us know.
I have a heat gun that I used to take off the trunk logo. Also used a fishing line to remove it without damaging the paint. A hair dryer would have definitely worked.
I damaged the bottom of my front fender spoiler going over an unmarked speed bump over a year ago, and recently scrapped the spoilers lower left corner while parking. So, I'll definitely dechrome the Frunk before painting the front clip just in case before going to the Tesla Body Shop.
I originally wanted a Model S, but Uncle Sam took my down payment instead. So, I settled for an M3, dual motor, long range. Not as roomy, but fun to drive.
Thank you again.
Good to know there are genuine member's in this Club that take Posts seriously.

Upvote 0
My 2019 had the metal emblems. At somepoint they got cheap and changed them to plastic. Part numbers also changed. My 2020 were both plastic. The metal ones are not made anymore so they are getting hard to find on the used market. One guy on ebay is selling the plastic ones but using the old metal part number, so be aware.

Upvote 0
I didn't know they ever had plastic emblems, that's weird. My 2021 emblems are metal as noted above.
Are you referring to the resin fill on the front emblem or a fully plastic emblem?
I know of at least 4 different part numbers.
2 Metal
Front 1098489-00-E
Rear. 1090829-00-C
2 Plastic
Front 1494949-00-A
Rear. 1494950-00-A
Plastic versions are currently listed on the tesla parts website.
They may have switched back to the metal again. I wouldn't be surprised they switch back n forth. Ya never know with tesla.
20211102_190313.jpg
20211102_190742.jpg
20211102_191736.jpg
20211102_192239.jpg
20211102_193659.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Adam3
Upvote 0