Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

25,000 mile/2yr service report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phaduman

Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
San Jose
Just FYI that I paid the $725 for the 2yr/25K (I had 26K miles, and at 19months, 5months before 2yr anniversary) service. Yea, there will be both sides to the story - shouldn't have done it, Tesla charging a lot etc etc. But this is the only option in town to have the piece of mind I want, to continue to own the car beyond 4yrs. I will now only show up for 50K mile service (skipping the 3yr/37K mile inspection). Car is driving awesome. New tires (Michelin MXM4) are consuming just a bit more energy than the outgoing goodyears - replaced at 25K miles (not at dealership) - these are much more stable cars at higher speeds than the goodyear ones.

Brake pads are at 8mm width. Tried to find out what the mm is for new brakes - didn't get a firm answer. It looks like they should be 11 or 12mm. And at about 3mm remaining, the pads need to be replaced. So given that, I think I have got another 25-30k miles to get to 4-3mm. So pads (& likely rotors too) service every 4yrs or so (not bad for such a heavy car).

Learnt something new: the Bio/HEPA (large/optional) filter has a 3yr/37K mile service interval. They didn't touch mine (as mine was installed by me post purchase) - so I will do that myself when I hit the right miles.

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 9.57.50 PM.png

I just did the 6yr service on mine.. never know if its worth it, but the piece of mind is what i am after, and i have about 6k miles left under warranty.... CPO purchase and no additional warranty is available. So I really am nit picky when it comes to squeaks, and anything i can detect that is wrong with the car.

I'm a stickler for maintenance on all my cars though. My other car is 150k miles and 14 years old ans still looks new inside and out..even with 3 kids... i don't baby them, but i do take care of them.

I'm coming up on that 25k mile marker and starting to look into whether it's worth it to pay for the service (I have the ESA).
two important tasks done during 25K mile service:
1. brake fluid flush
2. A/C desiccant filter replacement
Not sure remaining items together with above is worth $725, but if you want Tesla to remember your car and label it as well maintained - this is prob worth it. I have done brake fluid flush on my previous cars myself, but during the first 50K miles, I want Tesla to do most of the work and have those tasks recorded in their DB so warranty/extended warranty etc claims are easier handled.

1. brake fluid flush
Not sure remaining items together with above is worth $725, but if you want Tesla to remember your car and label it as well maintained - this is prob worth it. I have done brake fluid flush on my previous cars myself, but during the first 50K miles, I want Tesla to do most of the work and have those tasks recorded in their DB so warranty/extended warranty etc claims are easier handled.

That's quite an exorbitant cost for what was done, even going by exorbitant premium car dealer standards considering there is no ICE and all the moving parts to service... I know, I know, where else can you take it :p

1. brake fluid flush
I was considering asking how much it would cost to do those 2 items, but skip the rest of the "annual inspection" items.