TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

(250 Mile Range @ $35K) BYD e6

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Kurt Foster, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

This WAS the goal of a company a little while back, i'm not sure what they were thinking, could have they really had that much range for so little cost and do it without a gigafactory? Heres the wikipidea article about them if you are interested:

BYD e6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Like x 1
  2. Petra

Petra Member

Hah, I saw one of those heading up highway 14 in Lancaster a while ago... granted, BYD does have one of their bus factories out here (saw one of those testing on 14 yesterday).

3. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

The car ended up selling for $52k for 127 miles range with a 60kWh battery.
    2014 BYD e6
    2012 BYD e6

The newer 2016 version with 82kWh battery costs about $40k after incentives and $60k before incentives in China.
    2016 BYD e6 To Get Increased Range

The energy density of their pack isn't that good. 600kg (1323lbs) for the 60kWh and 700kg (1543 lbs) for the 82kWh.

• Informative x 2
  4. Kurt Foster

Thats a lot of battery for such little range. Just goes to show how density technology sure adds up!

• Like x 1
  5. Kurt Foster

I find it impressive to have an electric bus company, thats pretty important considering the amount if people that use those things everyday.

They run constantly though, I bet buses could use the battery swap more so than any other vehicle

• Like x 1