Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I first applied for it on April 1. Then on May 11, I received a notification that they could not process my rebate because the date on my registration was 2 days after the date of the signed rebate document. In our excitement, we had printed out the documents before we picked up the car and the date is "stamped" on there when it was printed. So date printed was 3/26, but date on registration was 3/28. They were able to transfer all my other documents to a new application and I had to reprint and fill out the rebate document. There was a delay as the person assigned to me was out of the office unexpectedly.

I finally was able to resubmit everything on May 21.
July 18: received the "Application Approved" email.
August 20: received the "Check Sent" email.
We got our check in the mail shortly after that.

Seems like they want to keep the rebate going for a while.

Bill Text - AB-193 Zero-Emission Assurance Project.

Hmm, what does that ZAP actually do? Upon a 2nd re-reading of the Law, it seems to be referring only to replacement of the battery.
"to provide an applicant with a rebate for the replacement of a battery, fuel cell, or related components for an eligible used vehicle; for a vehicle service contract for the battery, fuel cell, or related components; or for all of these."
but only for those that have lower income:
"An eligible applicant has an annual household income that is at or below 80 percent of the statewide median income or has a median household income at or below the threshold designated as low income by the Department of Housing and Community Development’s list of state income limits adopted pursuant to Section 50093."

Does not seem to affect the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project.

Submitted my documents on 7/23. Current processing time on website says 65 days which will be on Sept 26 (16 days left)

I will report back with data point when my application is being processed hopefully

I also just got my email letting me know my application was approved. Payment to be mailed within 90 days. They will email you when the check is mailed out. :D

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916
Update on my $2,500 Clean Vehicle Rebate Experience

• Submitted my documents/application on July 23.
• Processing time on website says 65 days which will be on Sept. 26
• Application approved on Sept. 27 (Payment to be mailed within 90 days, will be notified via email)
• Email notification that check was mailed Oct. 3