Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 California Rebate: Forgot to apply (grace period/extension?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

The original rebate was $2500 and i forgot to apply.

Found out the rebate has been reduced to $2000.

Anybody know if the Tesla Model 3 applies? It doesn't show the M3 but MS and MX though...

However on Clean Vehicle Rebate Project it says there's an extension:

CVRP Grace Period
Applicants who purchased, leased, or ordered an eligible vehicle between September 3, 2019, through December 2, 2019, may be eligible to receive rebate amounts under previous Terms and Conditions and program requirements. Applicants can only submit applications for these vehicles through March 2, 2020, in order to qualify for the CVRP Grace Period. If you purchased or leased one of these vehicles outside of the aforementioned CVRP Grace Period, your application will be cancelled. The list of vehicles with limited eligibility can be found here.

Reactions: PianoAl
That grace period applies to people who purchased cars which will no longer be eligible at all after the December 3rd date. The reason model S and X are on that list is because, after December 3rd they no longer qualify for the rebate at all. Model 3 does still qualify for the rebate, so is not on the list you are looking at.

Since you purchased before the rebate change, you should get the grandfathered in rate.... but model 3 is still eligible so does not appear on that list.

Just got my approval yesterday for the $2500 rebate for my M3. Submitted November 22 but a week ago I got a email saying they needed me to resubmit my “order agreement” and “MVPA” on one pdf doc. After I did that the approval came but said it could take 90 days to get check.

Submitted wife’s M3 rebate form for her M3 was submitted Dec 16 (for $2000 because she didn’t get her car before Dec 3). Haven’t got any update for her rebate yet

Last edited:
Reactions: goletaspring
What is the MVPA? I have a loan agreement and lender agreement under my Tesla account but no MVPA.

I finally got my Model 3 on 12/31 so I guess I qualify for the $2000?
MVPA= Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

You should have both a Order Agreement and MVPA in Tesla account (I had to submit both but copied on one document.
upload_2020-1-12_7-39-52.png