Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 deposit not refundable for preowned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im thinking of buying a preowned 2016 MX. The non refundable deposit is $2500. I’m worried if I show up and there are scratches or dings on the car exterior or interior and I change my mind. Rep says too bad. You have 72 hrs after you make a deposit to transfer it to another car. So basically Tesla gets to keep my money if I don’t like the car when I see it in person, and I don’t find another used car that I like. Has anyone recently purchased a preowned and can share their experience?

Pics show curbed on 3 of the wheels but didn’t show any other minor damages so I’m not sure if I can assume paint is of great condition and car doesn’t have any other scratches or dings.

...non refundable deposit is $2500...

It's not called Deposit. It's called Payment. "Order Payment" and not refundable as spelled out by the agreement.

Tesla allows a refund for new cars so I don't see why it can't change its used car agreement to be less restrictive.

I guess the used car demand is still high so the agreement is too restrictive.

Personally, I would not buy a used car with sight unseen unless the agreement has strong consumer protections such as refundability...