Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 repair for High Voltage Harness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 75D bricked with a 'low voltage' warning. Diagnostics came back with the HV harness - Rapid splitter to FJB needing replaced - a $2500 price tag with parts and labor. Does not appear there has been much discussion on this. Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Tesla SS says is not covered under warranty. Have 145,000 miles on car.

After this repair I will have spent close to $10,000 in repairs/services.

I love the procedure for that job:

Step 1 Remove the rear subframe (refer to procedure).
Step 2 Remove the HV battery (refer to procedure).

(it does get easier from there, but yeesh. see this document HV Harness - Rapid Splitter to FJB (Remove and Replace) .. I'm surprised it's *only* 2500)

Honestly four years and 10 grand, i don't know, what that is per year 2%? 3%? but it seems like an entirely reasonable budget for maintenance?

My 2017 75D bricked with a 'low voltage' warning. Diagnostics came back with the HV harness - Rapid splitter to FJB needing replaced - a $2500 price tag with parts and labor. Does not appear there has been much discussion on this. Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Tesla SS says is not covered under warranty. Have 145,000 miles on car.

After this repair I will have spent close to $10,000 in repairs/services.
Another “maintenance free” EV story…

• Funny
Reactions: Harvey Danger
I agree. And since Tesla does not “repair” batteries, you can count on that as a $20,000+ “maintenance” item.
If an axle or radiator breaks, the shop does not "repair" that same existing part by melting down the metal of your same existing broken part to reforge a new one. They replace the broken part with a working one. That is called a repair. It's not maintenance.

Reactions: dmurphy
I actually wasnt paying attention to the terminology; the OP did say 'repair', I said 'maintenance'. How about 'Total Cost of Ownership'. Can we agree on that?

I was just trying to convey that for big ticket purchases like a house or a car, it seems normal to budget a small percentage of the acquisition price every year for the purpose keeping the thing going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky_H and P85_DA