Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

255/45-20 Seems perfect on inductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
dws.png

I just got the Conti DWS-06 Plus installed on my inductions, in 255/45-20, and it seems like these wheels were meant to have this tire, lol... The sidewalls look much better, and the tires absorb the imperfections on the road way better. Tire setup is noticeably quieter than the OEM Goodyears. At first I was worried about my speedo being off, but my speedo was already off compared to my GPS with the OEM goodyears, and they actually seem more accurate with this setup...

With this setup, when the car says 50mph, my GPS said 50mph. When the car said 79mph, my GPS said 80mph. With the OEM tires, I know when my car said 80, I was actually only going 77 or 78 according to my GPS. (And same thing, when I drove past a radar speed sign)

I got about 27k miles out of the OEM Goodyears. I probably could have gone a thousand miles or more, as I still had some usable tread left, but I wanted to swap them out for my upcoming roadtrip, becuase the Goodyears have terrible wet traction. I noticed that a long time ago... I remember reading an article somewhere that also mentioned that tires with low rolling resistance tend to have bad hydroplaning resistance.... I run the DWS on all my other cars, and never had issue with that sort of thing...

Last edited:
First leg of my 1500 mile road trip in the books. I averaged 299 whm for the first leg with the dws, averaging 75mph wheras on this same leg earlier in the summer, when I had the Goodyear's, I averaged 295 whm. So it's pretty close. It happens to be about 10 degrees cooler as well, as it's in the low 70s instead of the mid 80s

Reactions: Daekwan and RayB
To those that replaced the OEM 255/40/20 Goodyear tire with a 255/45/20 tire...did you make any other modifications to your car so that the tires don't rub against the wheel well? I'm trying to order the Conti DWS-06 Plus tires in this size via America's Tire (aka Discount Tire) and they tell me the tires won't fit. if they do in fact fit, with no mods, where did you order your tires and have them installed?
Thanks in advance!

To those that replaced the OEM 255/40/20 Goodyear tire with a 255/45/20 tire...did you make any other modifications to your car so that the tires don't rub against the wheel well? I'm trying to order the Conti DWS-06 Plus tires in this size via America's Tire (aka Discount Tire) and they tell me the tires won't fit. if they do in fact fit, with no mods, where did you order your tires and have them installed?
Thanks in advance!
I got mine at Discount Tire. The tires fit perfectly fine with zero rubbing. Try a different location if that one gives you issues.

Reactions: RayB