Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

~25k miles on autopilot; considering FSD upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am now close to a year ownership on my model 3 and have about 25k miles. I’d say 90+% of these miles have been on autopilot and with this much use, I am thinking FSD is worth it.

I guess really just curious about the automatic lane changing capability. I’m imagining it being much easier to spot check then signal the car to change lanes than having to take over.

How successful are these lane changes now? I remember a while back I’ve seen a few vehicles attempt to change lanes, but the car would seem unconfident in its lane change. Sometimes they would hesitate and slowly move into the open lane or go as far as half way over and move back. For those that heavily use this feature and NOA, what are you experiences? Any quirks to look out for?

I use FSD everyday and love it. The auto lane change feels very confident now. The last time that it felt like it was unsure about a lane change was a few months ago. Even then, it was kind of rare.

I love being able to just sit there with my hand on the wheel and letting the car do the turn signal and lane changes. I feel like I am more attentive now, because I can look around more instead of focusing on keeping the car between the lines.

The only thing that I wish is different is that the lane changes are more aggressive. I have the setting set to Mad-Max, but sometimes the car will just sit behind the slow guy in front of me with the turn signal on. I wish that it would take some of the openings quicker.