Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

26 days since config, no VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now it's been 36 days since config with no VIN, just over five weeks. Everyone keeps telling me they are sticking to their 3-6 week delivery window, especially in WA, but that seems unlikely at this point. And with another shutdown looming, it's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Now it's been 36 days since config with no VIN, just over five weeks. Everyone keeps telling me they are sticking to their 3-6 week delivery window, especially in WA, but that seems unlikely at this point. And with another shutdown looming, it's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm thinking we missed the wave from before they shutdown their factory in April because a lot of people are waiting 30+ days for their VIN right now.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Will and WinstonY
Winston - I'm very sorry for your delay. I reserved my M3 in Seattle (Black/Aeros, VIN 159xx) in line around 11:15 AM. I had a friend that was in line and ordered an hour later the exact same time. We got our invites to configure April 10, and delivery 5/12 at the SODO location.

All I can say is that the car is amazing, exceeding all my expectations. The build was as perfect as I could determine. Hang in there...

Winston - I'm very sorry for your delay. I reserved my M3 in Seattle (Black/Aeros, VIN 159xx) in line around 11:15 AM. I had a friend that was in line and ordered an hour later the exact same time. We got our invites to configure April 10, and delivery 5/12 at the SODO location.

All I can say is that the car is amazing, exceeding all my expectations. The build was as perfect as I could determine. Hang in there...

Thanks, I appreciate it! It seems like the delivery centers are going all out, both SODO and Bellevue. If I could get a VIN assigned, there might still be hope to get delivery before end of month. Enjoy your car!

Well, it's seven weeks since config at this point, and the WA tax incentive expired in the days. I'll miss out on that, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear; I imagine you ran up against the Canadian deliveries to extend the federal credit.

I'm about two weeks since placing my order and really have no idea how long I will wait since my car will be a special delivery to my home. I'm hoping to not break any waiting records.

Sorry to hear; I imagine you ran up against the Canadian deliveries to extend the federal credit.

I'm about two weeks since placing my order and really have no idea how long I will wait since my car will be a special delivery to my home. I'm hoping to not break any waiting records.

I think you're right, it seemed like there were a lot of them heading up to Canada. Good luck with your home delivery!

So, I called in again today, and was told by the rep that a VIN had been assigned! Happy, but also frustrated, as it has taken 70 days (10 weeks) from config to VIN assignment.

We'll see how long it takes to get delivery next.