Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

265/35-19" for Front Tires on Model 3 AWD LR?

robelectric

Sep 24, 2019
USA
When I look up alternative tire sizes for the 19" rims for the LR AWD Model 3, I see 265/35-19 listed only for the Rear and it still lists 235/40-19 for the Front. Has anyone tried 365/35-19 for the Front?

beastmode13

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2018
NorCal, USA
Does it help protect the rims from curb rash?

There are too many variables to give a simple yes or no answer. In general, if you look at the specifications of each tire on the manufacture website, it will provide a wheel width range for that particular tire. For example, a Michelin PS4S in 265/36/19 might have a wheel width range of 8.5" to 10". If your wheel is 8.5", the tire walls would be bulgier compare when mounted on the wheel. The same time mounted on a 10" wheel, the sidewall of the tire would be flatter. Bulgier would typically provide a more cushion to the curb before the wheel makes contact with the curb.

gcmak

Jul 26, 2019
San Francisco
Additional factor to keep in mind that not every tire model supports the weight of the car for every tire size combination. Just one example...the PS4S in 255 width in some configs do not support XL loads.

mr.t0fu

Oct 2, 2019
Arlington, VA
Sorry to thread bump, but is everyone running the PS4S? I used to run the MPSS MO spec on my M4, in 265/35/19, and loved it. Looks like the PS4S has a wider contact patch, but it is also just a generic tire. Also the star spec 265/35/19 is meant to be a rear tire as well.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC