Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 27 day old 2016 Model S 75D AP HW2–Only 200 miles- $85k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't forget about the S60D's ($8500 cheaper), it's the exact same car and tesla will upgrade the software back to S75D for $7K. Those are where all the inventory S75D's went to to sharpen the price points to move inventory. It's the best price option because of the 60's charge and price advantage, and ability to go back to a 75 at a moments notice (charge card required) Nationwide pricing is the same to answer someone's question

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
I guess best price would be around 82k if someone dont want to wait for another 16 months to get tax credit.
That 89,500 was mistaken, it included the FAP... dealer price is 84,500 - 7,500 = 77,000.... I don't want to think about this cause I would be taking the same hit if I had to sell now. I think you will be lucky to get 75,000 and that is hard to swallow if keeping it is not an option...

Maybe rent it out as uber car... no fuel cost

interesting. I think inventory keep on changing, my search for 75D AP 2 bring the cheapest for more than $90k
Your screenshot shows the 90 other 60/75 AP2 cars listed, just need to click on the 60D's and then add the $7K and they will be S75D's again. Still quite a bit cheaper to buy new. Don't forget there are a bunch of the inventory cars on the even cheaper "old price book" need to do some searching to find those.

• Disagree
Here are a couple cheap AP2 cars available now with leather $64-$65,000 with referral and tax credit, add $7k and it's a S75, probably a better value that waiting for the 3's

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    940.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
  • Disagree
These are 60 which can be upgraded to 75 but not to 75D (Dual motor). Also they dont have enhanced autopilot enabled (extra $5k)
That's correct, but other than the D they are brand new cars with the tax credits with more equipment for over $20,000 less. There are people out there when looking to buy a stripped car who don't care about the all wheel drive. There are plenty of 75D all wheel drive inventory cars, still brand new with autopilot2 and unlimited free Super Charging for less than you are asking. That's why Tesla would only buy back or trade for $60k ish as that is the unfortunate real world value of used vs new, plus the 90 new inventory "D" AP2 cars that are available all over the US, so probably closer to a buyer, saving the transportation cost too. I know you would like to make a profit but it's hard to make money above what you paid when Tesla will discount brand new inventory ones. Post your actually invoice and be willing to take a reasonable loss and people would be more likely to consider it rather that blanking out the list price that most people realize is still above the actual transaction price.

I put it down to $80k.
I will disagree that people are looking only for stripped car and dont care about all wheel drive. There will be no 100D or P100D if people are only looking for stripped down cars. Most of the people who are buying tesla want atleast EAP. The inventory has only 3 75D showing up. You can get stripped down 60 but adding EAP + upgrade to 75 cost add 10k.