Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

270 at 90%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just an FYI that is an ESTIMATED range. It is a software algorithm and not a direct reading of your battery. So do not take it as fact... I have seen my car drop as low as 268 and is now back to 278.

My SR+ with only 1000 miles now reads 211 at 90% where it used to read 214. This was immediately after supercharging for the first time. Ive read a few stories about others seeing reduced capacity or odd readings after supercharging.

so Short story that may help some...

Fo the first 4 months or so I charged to 90% every night regardless of where my battery was at. During that time it charged to 279 miles at 90% every night .

About 2 months ago we have the idea that maybe we should only charge when we needed to, so we started charging when the battery got below 50% only and sometimes would go 3 days with no charging. During this time I saw my battery steadily drop to a low of 268 miles at 90%

A month ago I started charging to 90& nightly again regardless of battery status. I have steadily climbed back up and this morning was at 278 @ 90%.

At least my Tesla for this one specific items, likes being plugged in daily it seems.

Reactions: DJVoorhees
I noticed my 90% dropped on 2019.24.4 but still charged to 307 at 100%. Like someone said, those are estimates and if you are always between 90% and 50% they can get off.

Anyone has seen this problem with 2019.24.4? I usually charge the car at 80% for 250 miles and 280 at 90%. After 24.4 update, now it only gives me 270 at 90% this morning! Lost 10 mile range in 2 weeks!!!.

I got the exact same thing after firmware updated to 2019.24.4. I had been charging to 90% daily (weekdays) for 1 year. I used up about 140 mils per day. 90% was always at 279 or 280. Now it is at 269 or 270.

upload_2019-8-7_10-6-53.png

Funny that you opened this thread, I just finished charging my car at 90% this morning and decided to check the estimate miles/range and it read 281 miles. On previous updates prior to 2019.24.4 it was at 283 miles. (2 mile different wasn't nothing to be worried about either)

As others posted/mentioned, its just an estimated range and the BMS might need to recalibrate after you drive down to 50% or lower. and recharge/repeat for a few cycles.

I don't think it's any "actual" battery degradation for myself at least. I currently have 16,000 miles.

Funny that you opened this thread, I just finished charging my car at 90% this morning and decided to check the estimate miles/range and it read 281 miles. On previous updates prior to 2019.24.4 it was at 283 miles. (2 mile different wasn't nothing to be worried about either)

As others posted/mentioned, its just an estimated range and the BMS might need to recalibrate after you drive down to 50% or lower. and recharge/repeat for a few cycles.

I don't think it's any "actual" battery degradation for myself at least. I currently have 16,000 miles.

But you have a RWD? Full range should be 325 so 90% should have been 292?

I have AWD and it was always at 279 with full range 310. The charge right after the update changed it to 270.

But you have a RWD? Full range should be 325 so 90% should have been 292?

I have AWD and it was always at 279 with full range 310. The charge right after the update changed it to 270.

Yeah I have RWD but I've gone on a few trip and charged to 100% and the estimated range shown was 313 miles.
I haven't drain my battery to under 40% so that maybe why the BMS isn't calibrated for the new 325 mile range.

so Short story that may help some...

Fo the first 4 months or so I charged to 90% every night regardless of where my battery was at. During that time it charged to 279 miles at 90% every night .

About 2 months ago we have the idea that maybe we should only charge when we needed to, so we started charging when the battery got below 50% only and sometimes would go 3 days with no charging. During this time I saw my battery steadily drop to a low of 268 miles at 90%

A month ago I started charging to 90& nightly again regardless of battery status. I have steadily climbed back up and this morning was at 278 @ 90%.

At least my Tesla for this one specific items, likes being plugged in daily it seems.
Tesla has made it clear that frequent charging is the way to do it right. I have zero loss and stability of range after 5K+ miles and 90% charging every chance I get, certainly daily, sometimes several times a day bumping back up to 90.

Reactions: DJVoorhees