TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2700 mi trip in Model S 60...range anxiety NOT

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hotlobstah, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

Just completed round trip from Cape Cod to Orlando and back in my Model S with 60 kw battery pack. Used AP1 99% of trip. So many superchargers along the way never needed to drop under 15% before another SC was available. ICE never again.

• Like x 10
    • Informative x 3
  2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

I love it!.. Wish we could actually route the car through a web version using what the car knows. and Send the route to the car for future trips, with stop offs though..

• Like x 3
  3. malken00

malken00 Member

Very cool to know for my 60D coming in March. :) Thanks for sharing!

• Like x 1
  4. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

Sounds great. Planning a PA to Texas trip first week of April.

• Like x 1
  5. croman

croman Active Member

Going to upstate NY in April (Easter) in my 60D. I hope I'll have highspeed autosteer enabled by then. I have the trip all mapped out. Getting increasingly confident I'll be able to do the 210 miles from Erie PA to Ithaca NY without charging. I just drove 218 miles without charging (and had 19 miles of range left) in this 50-60 degree heat wave we've had in Chicago. Here's hoping for no winds and 50 degree temps in April!

• Like x 1
  6. RickAnstey

RickAnstey Member

Three weeks after getting our P90D, we took a 5,000-mile road trip ... Denver to Ohio to S. Carolina to Georgia to Florida and back to Denver. We charged at 29 different superchargers and one destination charger. Great trip. Zero range anxiety. Zero fuel cost.

• Like x 2
  7. moarpwr

moarpwr Member

Which stations did you stop at?

8. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

Dont know why you're going to Ithaca NY, but i often drive up from NJ to Ithaca(my Alma Mater) still have not made it in one go as temperatures have been cold. Also there is no superchargers in Ithaca, so i stop in Binghamton to charge before i drive the rest of the way to Ithaca.

There is destination charging at Ithaca, max speed ive found is the Lama building on Triphammer by the mall(48amp). Otherwise all the rest are 30amp, or if you have Chademo, downtown.

good luck!

9. croman

croman Active Member

I'm actually going to a little Hamlet near Ithaca (my brother got his grad degree but my wife's family is there). I have a chademo adapter for the downtown charging but my destination has a 14-50 plug waiting. I just have to get there... I'm coming from Chicago. I might go along 90 and hit up Buffalo SC and the Rochester one if it's done but I think I'll be fine. Three years of leaf ownership has made me believe in miracles.

• Like x 1
  10. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Elon tweeted that the High Speed Auto-steer update will be coming in two weeks.

11. croman

croman Active Member

I said I believe in miracles but not Elon's predictions.

• Funny x 3