Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

275/45-19 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I’ve been browsing the tsportline website and see that they now offer this tire size as an option with their wheels, in addition to the stock 255/45-19 tire size.
I googled and searched the forums but can’t find anything about this tire fitment, handling, range, etc. I found some items on staggered set up’s and on 20-21” wheels only.
Any thoughts on this size, or links where this has been discussed? I would imagine the tire might protect the wheel from curb rash a bit more and may provide better handling on pavement, however, that be at the cost of less range, slightly costlier tires, etc.
Let me know you’re thoughts!

2219619E-D1BA-4E28-A9D4-AAECB6881B10.jpeg

275/45/19 will definitely provide better protection for rims and wider tires will result it better handling. And it will fit the rim.
But it will mess up your speed reading. There is no way to correct it.
Some people go with Tesla 3 rim and put 255/45/19 gives a better protection and keeps speedo in check. As an option.
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.43.07 AM.png

Great points, thanks all! Speedo not a huge concern for me but hadn’t thought about the tire weight… I’m not really considering the 275’s but just curious since they were now offered from a 3rd party. I think a 265 width would be perfect if more tire choices were available.

275/45/19 will definitely provide better protection for rims and wider tires will result it better handling. And it will fit the rim.
But it will mess up your speed reading. There is no way to correct it.
Some people go with Tesla 3 rim and put 255/45/19 gives a better protection and keeps speedo in check. As an option.
View attachment 663396
Hi zpaul, what website is this tire comparison chart?

GeezerSquid, Can you post a few photos of your 275/45R19's? I am thinking about picking up a set of the Martian MW03 Forged 19x9.5 +45 rims with Continental DWS 06 + tires at 28.7" diameter. Not too many choices in High Performance All Season Tires in the size but I like Continentals for their capability and ride quality.

Sure, but I do have my car lifted 10mm. So take that into consideration. But I can tell you they aren't even close to the suspension system. I got them thinking they would better protect my rims from Curb Rash. Well, they may help, but they do not totally prevent it.

I'll take some picks later today.

• Informative
Reactions: thesmokingman