Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

275/45 ZR19 XL 108w Square

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my MYP and had ordered a TSportline package for colder weather.
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus All Season 275/45/19 (Extra Wheel Protection) / 19x9.5" Front & Rear

A friend mentioned that the ratio seemed large and now I am concerned about the fitment or any rubbing especially in the front.
The car is stock no modifications to the suspension.

Anyone have any experience they can share?

Just got my MYP and had ordered a TSportline package for colder weather.
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus All Season 275/45/19 (Extra Wheel Protection) / 19x9.5" Front & Rear

A friend mentioned that the ratio seemed large and now I am concerned about the fitment or any rubbing especially in the front.
The car is stock no modifications to the suspension.

Anyone have any experience they can share?
Trying to buy extract smart tire for my MYP, did you buy?

Attachments

• 20210923_201521.jpg
    20210923_201521.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 4,328
I changed the setting to the 19" Gemini. The speedometer doesn't seem noticeable but it is probably about 1- 2mph slower based on wheel size.
I am thinking about the same tire size but based on TireSize.com. The Uberturbines setting would be closest to the 275/45/19 setup

4AE209EC-3B58-41DB-BC3A-6512EB2482DD.png

Attachments

• FAAC608B-9240-41E5-B34A-9DEDDB53787E.png
    FAAC608B-9240-41E5-B34A-9DEDDB53787E.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 661
Reactions: zpaul
How has the rude changed? How much of a difference do wheel changes make? Drove both before MYP purchase and didn’t notice much difference but I’m thinking in the future going to 19’s.

Is my money better spent on tires or coilovers?

How has the rude changed? How much of a difference do wheel changes make? Drove both before MYP purchase and didn’t notice much difference but I’m thinking in the future going to 19’s.

Is my money better spent on tires or coilovers?
I haven't experienced coilovers so I can't comment on them but the tire definitely gives me piece of mind when Autopilot smashes a pothole or rock at 50-70mph. Sound wise is about the same and the ride is a bit softer but not much. I will put to 21" on in the summer just for fun but will do far less AP/FSD drives.

I haven't experienced coilovers so I can't comment on them but the tire definitely gives me piece of mind when Autopilot smashes a pothole or rock at 50-70mph. Sound wise is about the same and the ride is a bit softer but not much. I will put to 21" on in the summer just for fun but will do far less AP/FSD drives.
My focus is maybe softening the ride. I didn’t notice much ride difference when I test drove the MYLR and MYP but so many other folks think there is. Was wondering how your new tires effected the ride, if at all. My wife thinks its a little much sometimes (some roads), trying to figure out if I go coil overs or tires….

Beon, your car looks amazing. I really wish Tesla just offered that 19" wheel and tire set up from the factory as an option. This may be my off season square set up too. My only concern is that I can get the exact set up with Martian Wheels for $200 less and they are true Forged wheels. I am sure the Flow Form wheels are very good. I like the factory look of the TSportline wheels.

Beon, your car looks amazing. I really wish Tesla just offered that 19" wheel and tire set up from the factory as an option. This may be my off season square set up too. My only concern is that I can get the exact set up with Martian Wheels for $200 less and they are true Forged wheels. I am sure the Flow Form wheels are very good. I like the factory look of the TSportline wheels.
I have heard good things about Martian but to be honest don't know enough to make a recommendation. I can say I got TS because of the look and their support online/phone eased my concerns of fitment.