Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#28 - Gray - wrecked Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated thread title with serial number.

5YJRE11B881000028

I wonder if it will run. Missing the motor cooling fan and who knows what else. Stuff looks rather beat up back there. PEM box is rather warped. Besides the blown airbag, interior and front looks fine. Lots of good parts there at least.
24355112_1X.JPG
24355112_3X.JPG
24355112_4X.JPG
24355112_7X.JPG
24355112_5X.JPG
24355112_8X.JPG
24355112_AX.JPG

Not much of an airbag there not is it, more or less a birthday party balloon tucked into your steering wheel.

@vfx - what parts are you looking for? I'll keep my eye out on ebay and if I see something I'll let you know. Which brings up a possible idea, can we ad a "Looking for this part" section? I guess I could ad it, but at the moment I don't need any parts.

They are bigger when fully inflated.

Also, I think the salvage yards may try to stuff some of it back in the hole so it looks (slightly) more presentable for sale.

@vfx - what parts are you looking for? I'll keep my eye out on ebay and if I see something I'll let you know. Which brings up a possible idea, can we ad a "Looking for this part" section? I guess I could ad it, but at the moment I don't need any parts.

PGW seems to be our TMC Ebay conduit. I'm just looking for little bits that have worn or I want handy seconds of. I had a rodent eat my WW fluid container. Also some non car stuff around made of the same material. That one is dead (pictures available) but could happen again and while an easy repair, a pricey piece of plastic.

A "Looking For" section sounds like a good idea with warranties expiring on Roadsters. Maybe one for each car R/S

And I hope "Dougy" or the second owner/driver is OK from the crash.