Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

281 Corridor - Lampasas / Burnet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've driven my Model 3 between Fort Worth and Austin via 281/183 several times, stopping at Stonegate to charge. That said, since my destination in Austin was on the far southwest section, near the Waldorf school, that meant wading through Austin traffic. Prior to my Tesla I avoided that by continuing on 281 to 71, south of Burnet. So, a supercharger in Burnet or Lampasas would be awesome, as even in a LR RWD Model 3, going that far without a charge stop is cutting it very close, and would leave me looking at Level 2 charging on that end vs. a supercharger.

Reactions: wreighven
Don't know how many you think "a lot" of people is that would be able to skip I-35 by going up 281 instead. For anybody going between Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin/San Antonio (which is the vast majority of people), detouring to 281 is just too much out of the way. And even for me if I have to detour around Austin to go to back and forth from SA and Dallas, then I just use toll road 130 which has plenty of Superchargers already.

There is simply not that much demand going through that 281 corridor to justify installing Superchargers there over I-35 between Austin and Dallas. Maybe once I-35 has plenty of Superchargers then they can work on 281.